1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Alleluia, Indyking has finally orderd his Prius!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Indyking, Jun 8, 2009.

1. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    How is highway passing performance of Prius compare to the CR-V?

2. Blauer Glimmer

Blauer Glimmer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Even my '09 Prius - by all reports noiser than the 2010 - is quieter than the CRV or any of the other Hondas I have owned. That's something Honda never got right, but I was always willing to overlook.
    My husband has taken over the CR-V, since his commute is shorter than mine. Right now, what I miss most about it is the sun roof. It's that all-too-brief season around here when I could actually enjoy it.

Forgot to mention: I also miss the standard shift. I know, I'm in the minority here.

3. Blauer Glimmer

Blauer Glimmer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Never had any trouble passing anyone in the CR-V.

4. Indyking

Indyking Happy Hyundai owner...

I don't know... Indy, Chicago, Madison (WI)... it
    Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Definitively better, since the CR-V has more HP and power, but I don't think the difference in that much in a interstate, which I will be driving on all the time. The CR-V overall is a better car than the Prius, no question, but I currently use it as a nice roomy family car, but will soon be using my car most of the time for hwy driving. So, it does not make much sense to drive a SUV anymore... it does get decent MPG (about 30 in the hwy in perfect conditions) but I could save 20MPG with the Prius. The only problem with the Prius will be during winter storms in WI (although they do a heck of a better job cleaning the roads there compared to Indiana!) :p

5. dc202

dc202 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    The II and III are the value leaders, given the quality of the trims don't change. Congratulations.

6. dc202

dc202 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I have a 2008 CR-V and now a 2010 Prius. The Prius is more spirited based on very preliminary experience. I will gladly keep my CR-V for family trips and hauling my dogs around. It is a very nice vehicle. But the Prius will become my daily driver and fun-to-drive experience.

7. Indyking

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Re: Alleluia, Indyking has finally ordered his Prius!

It turns out that my 1-2 month wait is going to turn into 1 week! The dealer informed me that they located a Prius with my second color choice (Black with dark gray interior) in transit to another dealer and they can get it to me. Nice service! So, it's supposed to be here anytime next week!!!!!! Can't wait!!!!!!

:party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party:

8. Steve Cebu

Steve Cebu New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II

Congratulations! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

9. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Take a lot of picture. Black is great!

10. Indyking

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

Sure, black is hate or love, but I personally like it a lot. The only problem is that minor scratch marks really show up, but the upside is that black tend to always look new after basic cleaning. My first choice was winter gray because it looks very elegant but I told them black was more than welcome if they could get it faster and that's what happened. I'm lucky! :roll:

11. brad_rules_man

brad_rules_man Hybrid electric revolutionizer

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    First of all, GrAtZ! I have been following your posts on here. I saw that you were back and forth on your decision, and were brainstorming with no filter between your thoughts and what you posted. (Saw you get bashed for it a few times, hehe.) Glad you stuck with us, and worked everything out. I too predict your going to have quite a presence on the forum! You would think after the excitement of the new car dies off, that you wouldn't be on here much, but not really. You just have more to share and talk about! I am getting my car from Terre Haute, only a hop/skip/jump away from Indy!

I also have had access in the last few years to a CR-V. My grandpa had one, but he recently passed away. It was a really nice vehicle, felt tight and firm despite how it looked. It felt like it had a good amount of power, but due to the lower center of gravity I would say the Prius feels more spirited. I would say they are probably close matched on the acceleration unless there are other CR-V options on the engine or something. I cannot wait to get my car, in fact I think I am going to call the dealer real quick. HAHA

12. sherriec22

sherriec22 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

Can you tell me the details of the tax credit. I'm having a hard time finding the info and the dealers i've talked with are unaware.

13. Indyking

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I enjoy posting here and exchanging thoughts with the Prius community. There are lots of very interesting information shared here and I have actually educated my Toyota sales guy in certain aspects. I'm actually more excited now that I have decided on the Prius compared to before when I was brainstorming and shopping around. I've looked at the entire range of competition and found the new Prius to make more sense. I'll keep in touch... should get mine next week from Greenwood!

14. Indyking

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Open the link bellow (pdf file) with all information you need about the Jetta tax credit. I believe VW is very far from that 60,000 car limit.

http://www.vw.com/downloads/pdf/VW_AdvancedLeanBurn.pdf

Let me know if this helps...

15. PriusRos

PriusRos A Fairly Senior Member - 2016 Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Well done, Indyking! I'm so glad you saw the light! :dance:

16. Indyking

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I know... I'm glad too, but the happiest ever is my Toyota dealer who thought I was going to drive them crazy with all my requests...:rockon: