1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Almost 120k with no maintenance. Am I missing anything?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by White Gold Prius, Jan 12, 2011.

1. White Gold Prius

White Gold Prius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi all. I bought this beauty with 85k and it has not been "maintained" since 30K, other than regular oil changes. It runs great. It's my daily driver for a daily 50K r/t commute to work.

The only problem I had so far is "sticking" shifter. I bought one on ebay for $50 and looking for a place to have it done.

I briefly read the forum and see that people are concerned with transaxle fluid.

Should I be also concerned with this or anything else? Hoping to keep it beyond 200k.

Thanks.
    P.S. I also have a 2006 Highlander Hybrid Ltd with a similar maintenance "history". Nothing was done except the spark plugs. What do I need to do?

2. Flying White Dutchman

Flying White Dutchman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    your dryving a prius?
    other then that i can not explain it

3. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    If the transaxle fluid hasn't been changed, I'd get it changed ASAP, as a precaution.

1 person likes this.
  4. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    1. I have posted on how to replace the shifter mechanism, this is a pretty easy DIY task.

2. Yes, I suggest that you periodically replace the transaxle fluid, no later than at 60K mile intervals.

3. The HiHy is supposed to have the timing belt replaced at 90K mile intervals. If that car's odometer exceeds 90K then I suggest you have this done at your earliest convenience. Also, it would be good to replace the transaxle fluid for the same reason as the Prius.

4. I hope that the engine air and cabin air filters have been checked; if not I recommend you place a high priority on checking those filters in both cars.

5. Britprius

Britprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    There is no timing belt in the prius, the cam is chain driven one less thing to worry about.

6. BAllanJ

BAllanJ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I'd think about doing the 12V battery, too.

7. Hal W

Hal W New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    How about spark plugs? They are do around 100,000 I believe. H