1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Almost 2 years, and got a record trip.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Fuel Economy' started by Fluxuated, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Fluxuated

Fluxuated Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I got my 2011 Prius Lifback Technology Package With Solar (5??) in September 2011, and today I had my best run yet. 3 Trips totalling 96KM gave me 3.4L/100km (69.1 MPG)

Very happy about that. I know it's not the best hypermile ever, but I'm pretty happy. It just goes to show, that you can always do better if you get the right variables. Imagine what I'd have done with a Plugin. Now my wife has something to work for in her "C" She got 6 weeks ago.

2 Prius family, and lovin it.

Just thought I'd share.

2. RetiredNavyMR

RetiredNavyMR New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Amazing MPG, great job. Even when I try really hard the best I can get is upper 50's. We are a dual Prius family also. Have a 2013 and 2010. My daily commute is 88 miles, so gas was killing me in the Grand Marquise, plus we live in California where gas is the highest in the Nation. I'll keep trying to get into the 60's, maybe one day.

Fluxuated likes this.
  3. Fluxuated

Fluxuated Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    That's the name of the game. Practice. I found out that I can still do better, 23 months later. I'm of the opinion that I can always get a better tank. Best thing to do is keep trying. Keep at it, and you'll hit those 60's. Don't set the goal too high. My wife is learning as well on her 2013 "C" that she's had since June.

We took a trip to Maryland on the weekend, and drove it hard and still managed to be in the 50's. Although it was low 50's ;) Still a WIN in my book! I wouldn't have got close to that in my 2009 RX350 that I traded in for the Prius.

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    well done sir!(y)

5. retired4999

retired4999 Prius driver since 2005

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Nice Job!
    Keep up the good work.
    I have been trying to get better for 8+ Years!! Lots of practice and getting to know your travel routes for best MPG!

6. RetiredNavyMR

RetiredNavyMR New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Thanks fluxuated, I just remembered that my son drove my Prius once during each of the last two fill ups. He always messes up my numbers. Drives my Prius like its his BMW, so I need a fill up where he hasn't driven my car. Non-Prius people just don't get it. You set the bar high, so only time will tell, but I will keep at it. Best Regards