1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Almost battery death in traffic

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by nncyang, Jun 14, 2007.

1. kohnen

kohnen Grumpy, Cranky Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    When that happens, you're supposed to get out and push! [​IMG]

2. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Here is a great thing you can do with a Prius, sleep in it when camping in climate controlled, air conditioned comfort.

Stop where you want to sleep the night, leave the Prius in ready mode, apply the park brake firmly then press the accelerator lightly with the foot brake off, then with the accelerator lightly pressed, press the park button then release the accelerator. Now the park pawl is loaded slightly against the park brake preventing the car lurching as the engine starts. Now you can leave the car in ready mode all night while you sleep and the engine will start smoothly when the battery gets low from the air conditioner or the engine needs heat for the heater to work. This uses a minimal amount of fuel given the level of comfort.

I sleep in the back of my Prius in a swag when I am making quick long trips, maybe 3,00km or more in a couple of days. I sleep soundly knowing the Prius will look after itself.:)

3. TheBlueWedge

TheBlueWedge New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Manpower, the elusive third element of the HSD ;)