1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Almost empty before *MY* first fill up tomorrow...

Discussion in 'Prius c Fuel Economy' started by Mikey The Mailman, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Mikey The Mailman

Mikey The Mailman Delivering snail mail for you ;-)

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Hi all,

This morning on my 60 MPH cruise control 24 mile commute, I got 57.9 mpg! (first time this high even thou' my commute behavior remains the same!)

When I arrived work, it shows 410 on odo (same goes for Trip A & B) I had 2 bars left. (The range shows 1 mile left LOL)

When I left work, it was friggin' HOT and turned on full blast AC and drove away at 411 on ODO, it dropped to flashing single bar but I kept going another 24 miles to home which resulted 49.8 mpg (Not bad for full AC, eh?)

I intend to drive tomorrow to a gas station around the corner from work which is another 24 mile commute. I hope to see it goes over 450 miles.

I know that most of the time dealer don't really fill it all the way up so I have to check how my SECOND tank is going with hoping it goes over 500 miles! ;)

Oh by the way...I have Fuelly account, I put in 6 mile with unknown how much gas dealer put in...Should I delete that and use my first fill up?

Photo 1.JPG was this morning arrival at work
    Photo 2.JPG was arrival at home this evening (You can see 1 bar but it's actually blinking)

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      File size:
      1.7 MB
      Views:
    • 2.JPG
      2.JPG
      File size:
      2.3 MB
      Views:
  2. Munpot42

Munpot42 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    After about 20 fillups it won't matter.

3. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It was pretty warm this morning compared to usual. Once temps get over 60F mpg starts going up quickly. Most people get their max mpg around 75F-85F after which point their mpg drops because of A/C use. If you can avoid using A/C then mpg will continue to climb well into the 100F range because rolling resistance and air density drops.

Mikey The Mailman likes this.
  4. Mikey The Mailman

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    F8L: Interesting, never knew that...even thou' I hate HOT weather since I go out all day in that weather ALL summer! Can't wait for fall season to come heh!

I finally filled up my first tank this morning when it was 457 on the odo & trip and filled it with 9.42 gallons (Ouch! I was THAT close running out of gas!!!!)

Since I don't know how many gallons the dealership actually filled up my car before purchasing it but I'm basing it with 9.5 gallon at 48 mpg combined on my Fuelly. Guess I have to wait till 2nd fill up to be sure ;) I sure hope it will be more miles out of future tanks!

Lastly...It sure feels good seeing that I paid $32.41 (at 3.43/gal). I'm so used paying $45+ on my old Civic! (y)

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. Dark_Prius

Dark_Prius Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I filled up my Porsche, $95 today =)

LT26i ? 2

6. Mikey The Mailman

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    HOLY MOLEY! That's nearly 3 times my fill up this morning!!!! (Yeah, the next 3 fill ups too! :ROFLMAO: )

7. Dark_Prius

Dark_Prius Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I got no choice, need to go off-road for work and no way I can take my PIP.

LT26i ? 2

8. jgestar

jgestar Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Um, why wait so long? When the fuel display hits two bars - fill the car. IF it hits one flashing bar - fill the car immediately. You drove 50 miles after hitting one flashing bar. (n)

As Munpot42 said, after 20 fillups that difference won't matter. I would simply enter the odometer reading and the gas you actually put in the tank. Making up dealer tank filling fudge factors only complicates things.

If you want to be super precise, list this one as "I missed a fillup". Next time you will have control over how much gas is in the tank. However, in the long run the only things that matter are how much total fuel you have put in the tank and how many total miles you have driven.

Tom

9. brucepmiller

brucepmiller Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Always work from the top half of the tank, not the bottom. Fuel pumps are expensive!!!