1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Alpine F450 5 Channel + 8" Sub Installed!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by TimeFor, Oct 23, 2004.

1. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    TimeFor, just checking out the Wiring Diagram shows that the center speaker and the tweeters in the front each come off of the JBL amp on their own channel. It seems as if they are not amplified by the Alpine.

Nate

2. TimeFor

TimeFor New Member

I don't know all the technical stuff. I dropped my car off, said "here you go... Install something that sounds good." As for the center speaker.. They didn't know what that does.. And nothing comes out of it now... So Its not hooked up I guess.

They built the sound package so I'm sure they know what will work. The sub is turned way down... so I'm not worried about it overloading.

As far as ohms... and all that. ??? . It works, thats all I know. The door speakers are all going to be replaced soon anyways so I don't care what happens to the stock speakers.

3. starcross

starcross New Member

hi timefor or anyone else who have done this already, i just added jbl amp and sub and noticed hissing sound coming from all the speakers.
    furthermore, whenever i turn power of on my car make loud click sound.
    i spoke to my installer and they told me to ask someone who had done this already.
    what kind of LOC did you all used and what was the speaker level set at in amp??
    i would really appreicate anyone's responds!! thanks

4. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

Added JBL amp? Do you mean an '04 OEM JBL amp, or an aftermarket amp? You can't add an OEM JBL amp to a standard system unless you also upgrade the header because in the premium system, the header and MFD control the amp on what volume, EQ, balance and fade to set, with the header sending FIXED line level R & L audio, whereas the base system, sound control is done at the header straight to the speakers.

5. techogurl

techogurl New Member

Very nice looking. :)

6. starcross

starcross New Member

i've added jbl amp gto 755.6 and installer wanted to add LOC, but didn't know what kind...
    also need to know how to set speaker level in amp.

7. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

Are you referring to my picture?

8. tmorrowus

tmorrowus Member

This is a great install... particularly like that sub enclosure. If you've got to have a sub, that's the way!

9. hngu7721

hngu7721 Junior Member

TimeFor

PM sent