1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Alright, [you]. You got the Prius I wanted

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Presto, Jul 4, 2006.

1. daronspicher

daronspicher Active Member

The you tag is only as stupid as the genius that is using it...

Want to prove you are a moron, pop out a new thread with the YOU tag so we can all confirm for sure...

No joke intended... No humor here... just my evaluation of the people who use the thing... don't look for an emoicon or a hahahaha.. because those things are purposely left off.

Use the YOU tag, you are a moron. Actually it's the other way around.. If you're a moron, use the YOU tag, it's a natural outflowing of who you are.

There is nothing wrong with being a moron. You've been doing it your whole life and have gotten by ok thus far, keep it going. Usually morons don't like to emphasis it, prove it or draw attention to it. On here, that's not the case...

2. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(landstander @ Jul 5 2006, 05:49 AM) [snapback]281347[/snapback]</div>
    I guess that is how it appears to me. If some threads annoy you, don't read them. If a thread has [ you ] in the title, why do you even bother with it, unless it is to tell us that if we don't stop playing games you don't like you will go away. If you consider the total number of threads posted per day here, the number with this particular irritation is minuscule. Read the other ones and ignore these. Why do you bother spending your time with this issue that, really, is NOT a major part of what is available here, and a virtual fleabite of the total content of the board. If you had been REALLY reading these last couple of threads with the tag, you would see that they have been TRYING to get the attention of the moderators to do something about it, not to annoy everyone else. We're trying to deal with a real problem with humor, not by dictating that you must change this or I won't have anything to do with you anymore. Can you not find vast quantities of valuable information here and just choose not to read stuff you don't like for whatever reason? I mostly don't read "other cars" (because I mostly don't care), most of "Fred's House of Pancakes" (because most of that gets too political and I know I'm happier not knowing about most of it), and Modifications and Technical discussions (because they are mostly over my head). There are some members I have put on my "ignore" list, because I have found they have had nothing to say in which I have been interested (someday they certainly might, but I don't need to spend my time reading their posts and waiting for that day).

I find it hard to believe the whole forum is no longer a productive use of your time because of the current [ you ] tag DISCUSSIONS and the nannies, so yes, it really does seem to me to be a childish tantrum. It's like people who say thus and such a show should not be allowed to be on tv. Do they not have a channel changer? For now, the tag is here. Some of us are trying to find constructive ways to deal with it. Saying, make it go away or I will leave is not constructive. There is so much valuable information here, you certainly would be the loser in that exchange, even if the community as a whole would also lose your input into other topics. Stay or go--it is obviously your choice. But if you choose to go, maybe think about being graceful about it instead of dictatorial.

3. landstander

landstander darling no baka

A place where the nuts hunt the squirrels
    Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rufaro @ Jul 5 2006, 08:14 AM) [snapback]281355[/snapback]</div>
    Dictatorial? That's quite a stretch. <_<

4. landstander

landstander darling no baka

A place where the nuts hunt the squirrels
    Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I see that Danny disabled the [ you ] tag, just a little while ago. My hat's off to you, sir! :D