1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Alterative Fuel Fair in Lacy

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by hdrygas, Jan 24, 2006.

1. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    That is sad news. I wanted to meet him. Guess this mean a road trip! I like going to Canada in any case.

2. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    i would be willing to do a meet in canada...this summer when its warmed up. Frank always comes down... lets use some of our gas for a change.

3. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Mar 24 2006, 07:17 AM) [snapback]229484[/snapback]</div>
    Yesterday I drove up to Osoyoos, B.C., where Frank installed my CAN-View for me. (Thanks, Frank!). This means that if anyone wants an install demo at Lacy, it'll have to be on another car.

Today I'm going to set it up to display the data I want, and this afternoon I'll have a chance to try it out. I was too tired yesterday to stop on the way home, as I figured out what I wanted displayed, to take the time to set it up.

4. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Apr 1 2006, 10:08 AM) [snapback]233433[/snapback]</div>
    Well demo or no demo we will meet in any case and help anyone we can understand the Prius and where we go from here.

5. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I am calling the organizer at Lacy Parks Monday to finalize this meet. I will let you know. I will be out of town but in touch the weekend before. I am taking my trusty Mac Book with me. High Speed is everywhere now! Can anyone make a poster or something about plugins even if it is ask here? We could always show them the plug in screen on CAN View! The Organizers are very interested in someone presenting plug in hybrid info. Might as well be us! Keep me posted... tune in... and film at 11!

6. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Just to up date you I left a message for Kathleen Burns at Lacy Parks letting her know we are still on!

7. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

8. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I talked to Kathleen today. She is pumped. We may have mention in the Daily "0". God help us. We need to get brushed up on plug ins. Do your home work! Should I include the fixings for a canopy? I am a old Boy Scout leader who believes in Blue Tarps! Anything else. Cooler? Table? Chairs? Dutch Ovens? What about food, drink? Again I will be in DC the week and weekend before but should be able to stay in contact even if it is dial up.

9. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I'm definitely on. I've got my ticket for Cirque du Soleil the next day, so nothing but a disaster will keep me away.

Don't have any opinion about food, but non-alcoholic, no-caffeine drinks would be nice. I'll pay for them if you'll bring them.

10. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    rain would put a damper on things, but other than that, i will be there. heck even if my car was laid up, it would take about 15 mins to walk there from my house.

11. nwprius

nwprius Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I too will be there. Looking forward to seeing all of you. Is it possible to post a count of those with intentions of being there. It is always great to meet the public and let them know the facts about the operation of this great piece of transportation. I will leave the modifications to those of you with the knowledge. Bob

12. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nwprius @ Apr 15 2006, 01:14 PM) [snapback]240249[/snapback]</div>
    Nanaimo? So how well do you know Diana Krall? I am sorry I just love her music. I am a committed (or is that committable? ) Jazzoid. Be glad to see you. You might induce me to visit you one day!

13. nwprius

nwprius Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Hdrygas,
    Don't think Diana spends much time in Nanaimo these days but she is very popular there. Mentioned in the local papers often. You should definitely come up our way. Another of our Prius Chat couples are in Duncan and I feel certain we could all get together for the day. Nice area, the Island has so many places to see.
    Senior, curmudgeon?, my friend in and I are both a bit senior also. Look forward the meeting you.
    Bob

14. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    henry? ya know Bob was at last years event?

15. nwprius

nwprius Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Dave, we seniors are allowed these kind of moments even if we are not curmudgeons. I have trouble remembering who I met yesterday.
    Bob

16. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    well Bob, yer memory aint as bad as you think it is... Henry was at his sons graduation and missed last years event

17. engunneer

engunneer Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    I think i'll be able to make it (80-90% sure). I'll probably be the only unmodified car there.

18. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(engunneer @ Apr 20 2006, 05:48 PM) [snapback]242905[/snapback]</div>
    Good thing, this group could give the general public the wrong idea!!

19. Begreen

Begreen Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hdrygas @ Apr 21 2006, 05:26 PM) [snapback]243433[/snapback]</div>
    What are the arrival details for Prius owners? Is there a hybrid preferred parking area or a hybrid gathering point? How is parking in general? Is there a schedule of events with their times?

20. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Begreen @ Apr 22 2006, 10:29 AM) [snapback]243685[/snapback]</div>
    I was under the impression they were going to reserve an area for us. Somebody needs to post information about where that is, and when we should arrive. Also, is there a street address I can plug into my Street Pilot? Otherwise, driving directions to get there from Bellevue, where I'll be staying.