1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Alterative Fuel Fair in Lacy

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by hdrygas, Jan 24, 2006.

1. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

I-5 to exit 109 down to Martin Way (4th Ave.) left on College St. Right on 6th Ave. S.E. and left on Woodview which takes you into a large complex with a drive all the way around. Go right and it will take you around the west side of the building complex and you will see the parking area with a bunch of vehicles on display with a large tent. Parking will be in that area.
    if you have problems email me and I'll try and give you more details.

2. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Thanks Frank.

3. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Apr 23 2006, 04:45 PM) [snapback]244073[/snapback]</div>
    Sorry I have been out of town since Wednesday. I called the organizer this am and she would like us there at about 9:00 am they will be closing of the street in an out for cars at 10:00 am. That gives us an hour of slop in arriving. The frist race, for high schools is at 11:30. I am not sure where we will park, but she assures me that we have places for 6 cars in the display area and there is plenty of parking for others in the area. I will srounge up a tarp or something just in case. There is food there and near by. I will bring some drinks. I will count on 4 cars in the display area for now Dave, Daniel, Frank and myself. Frank are you bringing the G1 or G2? If it is the G1 bring the miniscanner!
    More info and driving directions here> http://www.ci.lacey.wa.us/events/updates/lacey_event_b.html

4. Frank Hudon

me'n my Classic will be there, I've got a hotel room 2 1/2 blocks away so I can even sleep in. Oh and the miniscanner never leaves the car.

5. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    weeell, take I-5 south to exit 109 (martin way) exit freeway, turn right, take first left onto college street. drive thru two lights and you will see a sign for huntamer park on your right.(about 2-3 blocks past 2nd light. i believe its the first street) turn in there. this is not a very large place. about 8 square blocks. very imformal. starts about 10 i think. maybe 9. there is an electric car rally that runs the perimeter of the area, we can basically park anywhere in the middle.

last year it was get there, stake out a spot and wing it. a few of us will probably already be there. will be easy to see us. now if you are first... drive slowly thru the area (will be a bundle of organizers there early. just ask where the hybrids are going...and that should put you close.

6. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Okay. I've got the directions written down AND the location in my Street Pilot. I'll be staying in Bellevue the night before. Is there a car wash nearby? I suppose if our cars are "on display" it would be nice to have it clean. I'm a wee bit ashamed to admit that I very seldom wash my car.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

i'll be there too. hope to have a fun time there with the wife and check out all the mods.

8. Frank Hudon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Apr 24 2006, 10:23 PM) [snapback]244731[/snapback]</div>
    the Brown Bear Car Wash in Factoria did a really good job on my car last year before going up to Diablo for the meet. I'd like to give you the address but I don't have it. Main drag in Factoria across from the mall on the east side of the road.
    Brown Bear Car Wash
    3724 Factoria Blvd SE
    Bellevue, WA 98006
    425-644-7600
    just found the address.

9. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Frank Hudon @ Apr 24 2006, 10:56 PM) [snapback]244743[/snapback]</div>
    What kind of place is this? Hand-wash, me-wash, they-drive, me-drive??? I usually use the places where you put in quarters and use the high-pressure water wand and the soapy scrub brush. I won't use a place where I'd have to let them drive my car.

10. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Apr 25 2006, 06:53 AM) [snapback]244811[/snapback]</div>
    I will look around for a hand wash but the one that was near by may have been taken out when they put in the Lows. There is a drive through brush type around the corner. You drive not them. I have taken my car there. Give them a buck tip and they will do a better job with the pre wash. You would come down College past the Fair to the next corner. Turn right there on to Pacific. Go through the traffic circle and it will be just beyond on the right. Turn left when done and go through the trafic circle to Lacy Bulv. turn Lt on College and then Left in to the fair.

11. Frank Hudon

BB Car Wash is a sit in the car and the machine pulls it thru. Varying prices, for more stuff. I picked a middle and they did the tires extra and wash for bugs on the front. Then thru, out the other end got a rag and did the inside of the doors and the sills. Coin op vacuum.
    Edit: 2 cars in front of me was a Salsa

12. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Apr 25 2006, 06:53 AM) [snapback]244811[/snapback]</div>
    There is a "you do spray wash" on Martin Way just past College street. Go through the intersection at College and look on the Right side. Just after Casa Mia and Parker Paints is a "you do car wash". Did not get wiped out by the Safeway and Lowes when they were built. If you get as far as Safeway you passed it!

13. benighted

benighted New Member

I am going to try to attend the fair on Saturday. Will I miss anything if I show up after noon? What is the cover charge to get into the fair?

14. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(benighted @ Apr 27 2006, 12:51 AM) [snapback]246003[/snapback]</div>
    Free! Come when you can!

15. John Gerecht

John Gerecht Guest

I'm planning on being there. Last year I was a bit late, but this year I hope to be there early, probably around 9:30. I live about 10 minutes away. I hope to see all my friends from last year and some new ones. I wish we could do some advertising to get more new owners.

16. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    actually when you get off freeway, go straight thru light at college and there is car wash half block up on right side. its where i go.

its a $1.50 in quarters, spray, brush, and rinse type of place. i wont do automated car washes. keep in mind that it usually costs me 2-2.25 since the first 1.50 usually isnt enough time for me to finish.

my car has so many nicks, dings, and rubs, that i plan on going 4 wheeling thru some mud before hand to hide em all.

17. humptydumpty

humptydumpty New Member

Interesting......

I just found this site and that is a little bit of a drive for me, but I enjoy
    the route through the Cascades. Will see if I can join. And this CANVIEW
    sounds interesting. Guess I have some reading and catching up to do!

-HD

18. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DaveinOlyWA @ Apr 27 2006, 06:38 PM) [snapback]246403[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks Dave. This sounds like what I want. It always takes me $3. The first $1.50 gets a quick soapy spray followed by the soapy brush. The second $1.50 is for the rinse.

19. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Ok we are getting down to it. I have 5 cars in the "pit" Myself, Dave, Frank, Daniel, Paul Allen. Who else? You need to get there at or near 9:00 am (yes in the morning). The gates close at 10:00 for the uncompulsive. I have one small surprise to share, drinks, and I will get a tarp/cover/awning of some kind. Should we have a banner or poster or something, or is that too non geek! I think we will have hordes given the gas prices so hone your skills. Everyone else is invited to come and go and help answer questions and we will get all of them. We need as many as possible. I am going to cruse through there with iStumbler to see if there are WiFi networks we could tap into. I would love to go live on Prius Chat. Blow by blow and pictures. BTW bring your digital and non digital cameras. I personally have never heard "where do you plug it in", but I live in hope! Let us make this a fun time for all. Dave email Starbug, she may need a bit of time off. She may not be able to get away but I would like her to know that she is welcome and we care. IFixem will be there but he has been absconded by the Dealership!! Fun Fun Fun in the Sun Sun Sun!! BTW the forecast is partly cloudy and 61 F ( that would be 16.111111111, for those of you interested in C) and we should be in fat city.

20. Frank Hudon

Wow, 16C I can surely handle that!
    Edit: I'm bringing my laptop and flashblaster with the latest software for those who need a flash to the latest version. Daniel?