1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Alterative Fuel Fair in Lacy

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by hdrygas, Jan 24, 2006.

1. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Frank Hudon @ May 2 2006, 08:29 PM) [snapback]248908[/snapback]</div>
    We will be computer rich. Bring them on! OK I will cruse by tomorrow it I do not get hammered and see what the WiFi is like. OK both free and unprotected.

2. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Frank Hudon @ May 2 2006, 08:29 PM) [snapback]248908[/snapback]</div>
    The reason I did not buy the flashblaster was that Norm told me any changes at this point would be purely cosmetic. What changes have there been in the past month?

I've pretty much settled down to just displaying one numeric screen with SOC, amps, engine temp, HV battery temp, engine rpm, MG1 rpm, and US mpg.

I've not gotten around to emailing Norm, but I'd only have one suggestion:

Amperage is displayed in such a manner that the decimal point jumps around when going from 9.9 to 10 or 10 to 9.9. I'd suggest the display be formatted so that the decimal point remains motionless, even if the tenths place goes blank at 10 or over.

Unless he's changed that, I don't really think I need an upgrade.

Henry: will we be able to see the electric car race go by from where we are parked?

3. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    there is several hotspots in the area. crayzee expresso is in the building that fronts college street (some sort of city government place) and has wi-fi. its less than 200 feet from where we were last year. i have verizon wireless broadband so i dont need a hotspot.

as far as the electric car race, you will be able to see part of it as it takes a circular route just north of where we were located. we were just past the start/finish line

4. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

lots of changes to the code, more text screens and the graphing of the throttle to the BSOC in EV mode, some other things as well can't remember them all. Have a look when you get there and decide. I think you'll want to update it.

5. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Well surprising no one in Western Washington their may be rain. I have a canopy for us to hide under if necessary. Temps a bit higher, 65 F (18.33C). They are only predicting scattered showers. If we put up the tarp it will drive the rain away. I have some fluids, and some snacks and am getting pumped. I hope to be able to do some real time casting on Prius Chat on Saturday.

6. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    Henry, around here, predicting scattered showers is a habit more than anything. i dont think it will rain. the rain predicted is supposed to be the front end of a system that will give rain off and on for a week. i believe that they have, as usual, missed the onset by guessing early. i see rain not starting till early evening.

7. nwprius

nwprius Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Dave, Henry, Frank, and others.

It is with much regret that I will not be able to attend tomorrow due to illness. Was really looking forward to meeting, talking to, and seeing everyone's mods. Have fun.

Bob

8. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    bummer bob. hope you are feeling better soon

9. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nwprius @ May 5 2006, 11:02 AM) [snapback]250343[/snapback]</div>
    There is always next year! You will be missed.

10. Frank Hudon

Really enjoyed see all of you people again and for you putting up with me. Really enjoyed meeting Mike and his wife, and the PSD assy that he brought along. Very interesting display and was a eye opener for most people there. Weather could have been slightly better but wasn't too bad. Had a good trip home and if you run the number that you see on my MFD thru this website and convert it to MPG you will understand why I love my car.
    http://www.packexpo.com/education/ref/fuel_conv_cal.shtml
    the pix is of the mileage that I got driving from Lacey to the border at Aldergrove BC I-5 to Renton to I-405 Kirkland then to Hiway 9 to the border.

11. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Frank Hudon @ May 7 2006, 07:41 PM) [snapback]251270[/snapback]</div>
    Why must you do this to us!!! Let’s see your values x speed of light squared divided by Planks constant x Octane rating , carry the 2 + pie divided by e to the 5th. Now log 10 of that value x Avogadro's number, OK just over 55 mpg. BTW did you see this thread? http://priuschat.com/Live-from-Lacy-Washington-t19256.html

12. Frank Hudon

just for you Henry converted
    56 MPG US gallons
    67.25 MPG Imperial gallons
    282 KM = roughly 170 miles

Help??

13. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Frank Hudon @ May 8 2006, 10:43 PM) [snapback]252012[/snapback]</div>
    What I said a bit over 55 mpg? I am not going to some web site with out checking it out manually!