1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Alternative Fuel Fair in Lacy

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by hdrygas, Jan 5, 2005.

1. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I would say about 9 am when it starts or shortly there after but I am always early. What do people think? Now it is 3!

2. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    if it starts at 9 i will be there at 9

3. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

I'll try and be there at 9AM as well.

4. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I will call them and tell them that 3 are definate and do the registration thing. Should I update the post next week on the main forum?

5. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    i have noticed that we have more from Oly on the forum now. if you happen to notice any, you might want to PM them to let them know whats up and invite them to join the forum. i have sent out a few including one to oly 57mpg for one.

also one may need directions if arriving out of town since the approaching direction would require markedly different directions.

if coming from the south, you need to take I-5 to College street exit, #108, (also labeled Sleater_Kinney) proceed to the light, go right onto College St at the light. proceed through light at 6th ave and make first right turn go ½ block, turn right again, and make next left turn. you will see it on your right.

if coming from the north (there is no southbound exit at #108) exit at Martin Way #109. turn right off freeway and then left (2nd light) at College Street. you want to be on inside left turn lane. the first light you encounter is the same one you see when coming off the freeway from the south.

see u all there!

6. Frank Hudon

see ya there. I'll try for shortly before 9:00 AM

7. nwprius

nwprius Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Where is the parking, or do we have any info on that?

8. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    We have reserved parking for 3 Kathleen Burns is the contact at Lacy Parks. As usual I am paying the price for getting time off. The area is not large 4 small city blocks mostly parks and parking lots. Let me know how it comes out. I leave in the morning. The hotel has internet connection so I will try to check in on Sunday. Saturday will be busy all day with graduation stuff. Wish I could be there should be fun. Good luck.

9. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    the area where the fair is in is the commons of a large city admin building which is flanked by a large Fed building which is flanked by a large state building. parking is easy as there are several lots which will all be empty on a Saturday. i would assume there will be a display area where we are to park our Priuses and answer general questions of passerbys as i think we will be part of the display before the races start.

i plan on possibly printing up some single sheet signs and posters to attract interest...

something like

My lifetime average in the summer months is 54.5 mpg

i figure that will attract some attention

10. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    I just talked to Kathleen at the fair and we have parking spaces 30,31, and 32. The directions I gave before are the same with the exception that after you turn off College street, you go straight about two blocks till the road curves and our parking spaces will be on the west side of the street. the numbers are on the curb.

when you arrive you must request a cone break to get in since it will be cordoned off. i should be there a bit early so look for my car.

11. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    for any one who was thinking about going and didnt. YOU BLEW IT!!

it didnt rain and it was a great time. Talked to a lot of people... most of them, very mis-informed, many had their impressions of the Prius drastically altered.

also saw some very interesting cars there. including some all electric conversions from several common gasoline models. also saw an electric buggy that used wind power from a huge propeller on the back. kinda like a one of those swamp air foil glider things except on wheels.

also got a hat and a calendar for displaying our cars, so we were PAID!!...

12. jgerecht

jgerecht New Member

Yup, I was there too. It was a lot of fun. Wonderful to meet PriusChat friends and lot's of others. I wish I'd had the forethought to bring some PriusChat "business cards" with me so I could have advertised better to the Prius owners I met. There must have been at least 5-6 owners who'd never heard of PriusChat, so I just told them about it.

I was there for almost 5 hours and got a bit of a sunburn through the clouds. I agree with Dave that it was fun seeing all the other weird electric cars and it was fun watching the "car" races (high school kids with home built electric cars, many of which looked an awful lot like slightly upgraded soap box derby contestants.

If you missed it, you should have come. It was fun and I did get a cool hat and a cool calendar. I'll certainly make it next year.

And Dave thought that we should have a group photo, with something obvious in the background. His vote was for the Space Needle and mine was for the capitol. Maybe we can get together and talk about it.

Anyway, it was fun and I'm glad I went.

13. Frank Hudon

that was great, not only the races but to meet new people who are on PC. Hope we opened a few eyes with the info that we put out on the Prius. I think I had at least 45 people who stopped and asked me questions about the car, Prius in general and lots about the Classic as well. 642Km's and still have 4 bars to go. Gotta like that, and mostly at 65-75 MPH on I5. Good time, enjoyed my self.

14. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I am glad everyone had a great time. I had a blast last year before I got my car and I learned a lot and the races were fun. I defiantly will try to be there next year to spread the word. Maybe we will have a mini scanner for the 04-06s by then. BTW the graduation was great.

15. Frank Hudon

congratulations on your son's graduation Henry. That's a load off you and the family. I had a good time too bad your other needs precluded you being there.

16. oly_57mpg

oly_57mpg New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I'm sorry I wasn't able to make it. It sounds like a lot of fun!

Many thanks to Dave for making me aware of this group!

17. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    ah Heck jgerecht,,, we can do the Needle next week, and the Capitol in June, Mt Rainier in July, the Marina at Budd Bay Inlet in August,.....

18. Frank Hudon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DaveinOlyWA\";p=\"88124)</div>
    hey hey hey here your going to have to start kickin in for my gas if I've got to go down there every month;)

19. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    ok Frank, im open for suggestions...for September...(just kidding)

Vancouver has some great waterfront views... We could try Deception Pass over by Whidbey Island. that would be more than halfway to you (i think...)

we could also try the Diablo Dam overlook on the North Cascades Hiway

http://priuschat.com/forums/album_pic.php?pic_id=782

20. oly_57mpg

oly_57mpg New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I've never been to Vancouver or Diablo Dam; both sound like a great Prius gathering event. Let's do it!

I noticed that there was a post about the NW Toyota owners driving up to Mt. Rainer; it looks more like a sports car event rather than a Prius event. Perhaps we could arrange a similar event, but of course with slightly less quick-acceleration. ;)