1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Alternative to tint.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Godiva, Jul 14, 2005.

1. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Thanks for the link.

I like this stuff enough to do some of the windows in the house, but the film I got isn't wide enough for two of the windows. This is wide enough.

2. unique2006

unique2006 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    After he hands you the ticket :(

"
    If I get pulled over, it's a simply matter to just peel it off.
    [/quote]

3. Sid

Sid New Member

Now what would be nice is if there were Prius window templates available.

4. 200Volts

200Volts Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I bought both the static cling and the regular tint at Kragen. It's only $10 per roll. The optical quality is terrible(orange peel effect), but for the front defroster windows and the rear quarter panel windows it works fine.
    I put the static cling on with water-soap and it goes on and removes easily.
    I put the 5% LTV on the rear window and it's too dark (with the poor optics) at night. I can see a pair of headlights at night and that's about it. I also get a lot of reflections from the inside of the car in the day since my rear doors are not tinted yet.
    I'll try the 20% LTV next on the rear. I cut in with 1 inch extra all around on the rear window since aligning it is difficult.

5. c4

c4 Active Member

That's probably because it was only $10 a roll.. The stuff I've seen, while not as clear as adhesive window tint, was actually not that bad..