1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Aluminum Recycling

Discussion in 'Environmental Discussion' started by TonyPSchaefer, Jun 7, 2006.

1. fshagan

fshagan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Drifter @ Jun 15 2006, 01:24 PM) [snapback]271820[/snapback]</div>
    Unless I misunderstand you, I think you contradicted yourself. Did you say in Michigan, where there was a .10 per can deposit, that everyone recycled? But that "at home", where there is no deposit, not only is no one recycling, but there are barriers to recycling?

Get your home state to impose a .10 deposit, and require the retailers to set up recycling stations, and repeat what you evidently saw working in Michigan.

2. Drifter

Drifter Member

You misunderstood me. In Michigan where they have the deposit the ONLY thing that got recycled seemed to be the cans marked for deposit. At home (no deposit) we have curbside recycling and most everyone I know participates to a much greater degree than anyone I knew in Michigan recycled. In Michigan I was constantly questioned why I would bother going out of my way to recycle anything I wouldn't get money back for.