1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Always display speed limit in navigation information line

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by subsonicred, Jul 31, 2016.

1. subsonicred

subsonicred Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I have a Four with ATP and PCP. I have the home screen in the 3-panel configuration, with the navigation screen as the large panel on the right. When I am not navigating to a destination, the information line at the bottom of the navigation panel shows the name of the street I am on. If I tap the navigation panel to make it full-screen, that information line also shows the speed limit. If I touch "HOME" to return to the 3-panel view, the navigation panel now shows the speed limit next to the street name, as it did in the full-screen view. But the next time I start the car, I have to go through this again. I'd like it to always show the speed limit with the street name. I'm sure I've missed a setting somewhere. Can someone point me to the right setting? Thanks.

2. nategold

nategold Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I think it is just a matter of not waiting long enough in the home screen. It does come in. It doesn't know about all the streets.

3. subsonicred

subsonicred Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Thanks, but I don't think that's it. This morning, I drove for 15 minutes, all on roads where the navigation panel was showing the street name and the HUD was showing changes in speed limits, without the information line in the navigation panel showing any speed limits. Then I went to full-screen navigation and back and drove over some of the same roads and the information line showed the street name and the speed limit. So the car clearly knew where it was and what the speed limits were, but wasn't showing it in the information line until I switched to full-screen and then back to the 3-panel view.

4. Puruisi

Puruisi Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Sounds like you discovered a glitch! I never noticed.