1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Am I kicked out?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by livelychick, May 8, 2007.

1. eclectcmoi

eclectcmoi Muffinologist

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    livelychick, I second Proco's post that you'd better NOT leave. If I send you some muffins, will you promise to stay?

2. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    You all have made my heart happy! Thanks a bunch...

And for those of you who asked, I got a Nissan Versa. The interest rate was stupid low (.7%) the thing is fully-loaded...and it's a six-speed. I've always preferred driving stick, but had no choice with my last two vehicles (Trooper and Prius).

Anyhoo--yes, I could give a great lesson on how to total your car and walk away without a scratch. Oh--and wait, I could also teach anyone how to wreck the rental car you're driving while the insurance is working out your total loss and also walk away without a scratch, too.

Yes, it's been a rough three weeks. However, it's been great for laundering the ol' karma.

Did I mention that the rental company now has me in a Dodge Ram 1500? It goes against every fiber of my being to be driving that tank, but beggars can't be choosers. I am literally two feet above every other car on the road.

I take delivery of my little Nissan tomorrow...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eclectcmoi @ May 8 2007, 06:35 PM) [snapback]437826[/snapback]</div>
    I'll always take muffins! :) But none needed. I've enjoyed the past year on this board far too much...for the most part!

3. dmckinstry

dmckinstry New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(livelychick @ May 8 2007, 12:49 PM) [snapback]437694[/snapback]</div>
    Too bad you're without your Prius, but I doubt you'd ever be kicked out. By the time you have your new car paid off, maybe a PHEV Prius will be available that you can afford.

Dave M.

4. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ May 8 2007, 05:15 PM) [snapback]437819[/snapback]</div>
    That's not true. If certain members aren't with their Prius (and I include them being in their house not actually driving "not with their Prius") I'd be happy to see them leave. Not that I'm thinking of any enigmatic cephalopod in specific.

5. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MegansPrius @ May 8 2007, 05:35 PM) [snapback]437783[/snapback]</div>
    Is that a hybrid bus?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(livelychick @ May 8 2007, 07:38 PM) [snapback]437874[/snapback]</div>
    I know you'll miss your Prius, but the Versa is a cool car. Post some pics!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(livelychick @ May 8 2007, 07:38 PM) [snapback]437874[/snapback]</div>
    The worst loaner car I ever had was a Mercury Grand Marquis that the Honda dealer lent me while they were replacing the windshield in my Element. Not only did it wallow around on the road like a waterbed on wheels, but it got stuck in the snow on my driveway.

6. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(livelychick @ May 8 2007, 04:38 PM) [snapback]437874[/snapback]</div>

ohh.. so that's why you asked about the Versa in the other thread. It's not a bad car but it's not the most efficient in its class (cause it has the biggest engine haha). Congrats on your purchase!

Our Camry was totalled. Right now, we're riding in a Mazda5 GT (fully loaded sans leather)!! It's probably the best rental car we've had.

7. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tideland Prius @ May 8 2007, 10:06 PM) [snapback]437963[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah, it has more power (slightly) than the Fit, resulting in slightly lower gas mileage. And I like the interior of the Fit better. However, they were so equivalent on every other feature, and the Versa has more bells and whistles and safety features (better rear crash results, for example). Plus, in this area, the Fits are hard to come by. And while the Fit was about a grand cheaper, with the interest rates, it was cheaper to get the Versa. After reading lots of consumer reviews, it seemed that each had the same complaints that are to be expected from smaller cars. So I went with the better (read: cheaper) choice for me.

Some features of the Versa that the Fit doesn't have:
    • Sunroof (yay fun!)
    • Smart key
    • Six disc in dash changer
    • Six speed manual trannie
    Everything else is almost identical.

As soon as I take delivery, I'll post a photo or two. I wonder how long it'll take me to get over missing everything electronic on the Prius...including the back-up camera?

BTW--the Yaris, the Scion, the Aveo, and a Suzuki that I can't remember the name for are usually compared to these two, and the Fit is usually rated first with the Versa a close second based on handling.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tideland Prius @ May 8 2007, 10:06 PM) [snapback]437963[/snapback]</div>
    Sorry to hear about your total, too. It's just so damn stressful, isn't it?

8. priusFTW

priusFTW Gen III JBL non Nav

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(livelychick @ May 8 2007, 03:49 PM) [snapback]437694[/snapback]</div>
    I'm sorry, traitor! Your kicked! but can always come back to us with ur new prius!

... but my phones on Vibrate .. for you... Rufus Wainwright

9. Tyrin

Tyrin New Member

Since we had to really scrape the barrel to get the Prius, I totally understand needing to buy a cheaper car, especially in an emergency. Here's hoping there will be inexpensive, economical hybrids by the time we all need our next car!

10. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Sorry you're not in a Prius, livelychick. Just make sure it's not a vice Versa.

And there are always carbon offsets...

11. JimboK

JimboK One owner, low mileage

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bill Merchant @ May 9 2007, 01:32 AM) [snapback]438092[/snapback]</div>
    That was bad. ;)

Livelychick, as a means of staying in touch with the Prius crowd, you still are more than welcome to attend our next Central VA meetup. In fact, you do remember offering to help set it up, don't you???

12. ltu1542hvy

ltu1542hvy New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I too vote to keep her in. It would be hypocritical for me not to, seeing as I have been Prius-less for the last several months as well. Had to give up the Prius for my new job, and I miss her dearly whenever I have to drive anywhere. I replaced her with both an older Toyota 4x4 pickup truck that gets ghastly mileage and a small motorcycle that gets about the same mileage as the Prius while causing infinitely more environmental damage due to exhaust emissions from its two-stroke engine. I have seen some of the most breathtaking vehicles on the roads here in Benin, and it probably will be decades before I would trust a mechanic here with a hybrid.

13. Skwyre7

Skwyre7 What's the catch?

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JimboK @ May 9 2007, 07:56 AM) [snapback]438162[/snapback]</div>
    Don't worry, Jim. I remember...

livelychick, do keep in touch.