1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Am I looking for a rare/nonexistent color combination & inventory search

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by xyzzy, Jul 30, 2012.

1. xyzzy

xyzzy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Went shopping and decided on a Prius level 4 without the solar roof. I want the Nautical Blue exterior and Bisque (tan) leather interior. However all of the dealers I contact say they cannot get that combination and offer back the correct exterior color with but with the Misty Gray interior.

I want what I want, but starting to wonder if this combination really exists. Then one passed me on the highway recently so I know there is at least one out there :) I have not been able to find a way to search dealer inventories online, is there such a way? Has anyone had success trying to do a factory order or a wait for exactly what they want?

2. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Have you tried configuring that color combo on Toyota's site (using your zip code)? Certain configurations aren't available in every region, so this will confirm if it's available in yours.

Most (all?) dealership websites have inventory search capability.

ChipL likes this.
  3. ChipL

ChipL Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    For fun I looked at the Toyota website and Koons Tyson had five Prii listed that the OP was looking for. Never understood users here hiding their location. :(

To that end if someone is looking for a particular vehicle, try Dianne on here. She might be able to order it, or get it transfered to a dealer close by. May cost a bit more, but one ends up with what they really want....

4. xyzzy

xyzzy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Thanks! Wasn't hiding my location (NC) just did a basic signup.

5. ChipL

ChipL Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Sorry too many members on here don't show where they are from. :(

In the end if you have a color combo that your heart is set on and can't find a dealer that can find it for you... Contact Diane here..