1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Am I the only non-US Prius owner here?

Discussion in 'International Owners' started by priusfanmh, Jan 20, 2004.

1. Batavier

Batavier Member

Oh, sorry Danny. Only spotted your reply today. :(

I don't think we need one at the moment, but perhaps when there are more Prii on the road over here... :)

Thanks for the offer though! :D

2. jchu

jchu New Member

Re: New UK Owner

3. priusfanmh

priusfanmh Guest

Re: New UK Owner

Would certainly be interested to hear how it copes with Hardknott and Wrynose passes :D

Martyn

[Broken External Image]:http://www.martynhicks.co.uk/hard_knott_pass_sign.jpg

4. RWB

RWB New Member

Bad Homburg near Frankfurt, Germany and frequently
    Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    From Europe too

I've got mine last week, after half a year waiting.

I'm Richard, a dutch guy, living and working in Germany (Frankfurt am Main).

RWB

5. swepri

swepri New Member

Congratulations! What color and equipment did you get?

Nice to see some more European Prius owners here.

/Paj
    (Red 2004 with Nav)

6. StuartS

StuartS Guest

Haven't tried Hardknott and Wrynose passes yet but Kirkstone pass and the Struggle with 5 in the car was no sweat (still returned 55+mpg on the day).
    Average consumption for mixed town/motorway (at 70mph+)/country driving is 58mpg, but I have achieved 62 several times when I curb my speed.

After 6 weeks ownership I love the car, everything I've been looking for except the inability to fit a towbar. We have an ongoing renovation project which necessitates the occasional use of a small trailer. Am considering the economics of a second car for these towing jobs but, apart from cost I don't really want a second car so the Prius may have to be replaced with a car that can tow.

7. RWB

RWB New Member

Bad Homburg near Frankfurt, Germany and frequently
    Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    To your question, swepri,

because I didn't buy the car, but am leasing it, I chose the standard color: "polar silver". It's the "Executive" model, for the cruise control. Not for the smart key which is part of that package: it's cute, but not at all necessary. No telephoning stuff, no navigation. I like to navigate with old fashioned maps, even getting lost every now and then is kind of fun to me...

I've been dreaming of the hybrid principle for several decades. Always wanted to have a car that's silent when waiting and during stop and go in the city. Didn't buy the first Prius because of the very limited loading capacity but couldn't resist the improved, second edition. After these first 10 days: This is exactly what I've been dreaming about!

Richard

8. Victoriatus

Victoriatus New Member

One European here. Home's in Finland, work in France.

I ordered mine in July, estimated delivery is in January/February, probably the latter. Generally wait times are around 6-7 months in Finland. The lines aren't too long because only a few people are interested in buying a relatively expensive car which doesn't even get any tax reliefs etc. Mine was the first one sold in the whole of Northern Finland. Estimated (optimistic) sales are 250 cars per year for starters. The dealer estimated that around 60-70 cars had been sold in the first 4 months, and most of those in south, near or in the capital.

9. victor

victor New Member

Gilching Bavaria Germany, & Drapanos, Crete, G
    We ordered a jade green executive back in May. Since then we saw a colour patch and didnt like the colour (More grey than green) so we changed the colour to blue. The delivery time was at first 10 months for the green. The blue delivery time was a lot less and we are expecting the car next week. It is currently in the port in Bremen.

:lol:

10. Heikki

Heikki Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello Victoriatus

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Victoriatus\";p=\"38797)</div>
    Hello Victoriatus,

Welcome to the PriusChat!

Is your new Prius coming to Finland or is it a tax free car for export?

When I ordered mine in March the dealer (Toyota Kaivoksela) said that it will arrive in December or January, but it arrived just a week ago. Regency Red Prius has now 500 kilometres on the clock and average fuel consumption is 5,2 l/100 km.

-Heikki from Riksu

11. Victoriatus

Victoriatus New Member

Re: Hello Victoriatus

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Heikki\";p=\"40620)</div>
    Oh, whoa! it's a small world :mrgreen:

My Prius is ordered in/to Finland, not a tax free one. As a consultant I wouldn't even be allowed that, dang... I see your Prius took just a little less that 6 months to deliver, but it was among the first ones. I have to check if I could have mine in January with 6 months of waiting, because otherwise I'll be in France by the time and would need to wait even longer. I ordered mine with the alcantara upholstery that is installed in Finland, plus some other finishing touches, so I'll be waiting a few days extra anyway.

Seen many Priuses in the Southern Finland? Me, none. Not in the north (were not sold yet), not in the south while I was travelling through, and not even one in Paris. The only one I've seen is the demo at Juhan Auto, the dealer in Oulu.

12. Heikki

Heikki Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    When in Paris...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Victoriatus\";p=\"40693)</div>
    Oh, whoa! it's a small world :mrgreen:

My Prius is ordered in/to Finland, not a tax free one. As a consultant I wouldn't even be allowed that, dang... I see your Prius took just a little less that 6 months to deliver, but it was among the first ones. I have to check if I could have mine in January with 6 months of waiting, because otherwise I'll be in France by the time and would need to wait even longer. I ordered mine with the alcantara upholstery that is installed in Finland, plus some other finishing touches, so I'll be waiting a few days extra anyway.

Seen many Priuses in the Southern Finland? Me, none. Not in the north (were not sold yet), not in the south while I was travelling through, and not even one in Paris. The only one I've seen is the demo at Juhan Auto, the dealer in Oulu.[/b][/quote]

When in Paris... go to the Le Rendez-Vous Toyota.

http://www.lerendezvoustoyota.com/

What colour is the upholstery you ordered? I think factory fitted is green?

Priuses I have seen:

1. Model year 2002 Classic Prius in Luxembourg “Euro Auto Festivalâ€
    2. Model year 2004 Prius HSD in Luxembourg in January 2004
    3. Two demo cars in Finland, one in Hämeenlinna and one in Kaivoksela
    4. My own Prius

I am still waiting my Bridgestone WS 50 195/55 R16 winter tires with original alloys. The dealer was unable to deliver them.

Check John´s Prius pages, they are just great.
    http://john1701a.com/

-Heikki

13. Victoriatus

Victoriatus New Member

Re: When in Paris...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Heikki\";p=\"40812)</div>
    Hmm... I have to check that out. But before that, I guess I'll spot one in the Paris Motor Show next week. :mrgreen:

It's a sort of anthrazite, very dark grey, almost black. I had to get something else than the factory default, the light grey one. It wouldn't have lasted long. The Prius catalog had a picture of a leather/alcantara option in the options and accessories page, but it was not sold as an option in Finland. After a few phone calls it was found out that those actually existed somewhere in Holland and would be installed in Finland like some leather upholsteries to Land Cruisers. It had originally been leather in the sides and alcantara in the middle, but it was changed to all alcantara in or around the summer. The price wasn't very cheap actually, but I think it's worth every euro cent.

I'll get mine with winter tires, and then I'll go get some nice tires for summer from Haaparanta. Check http://www.kmdack.com/indexfi.php

14. victor

victor New Member

Gilching Bavaria Germany, &amp; Drapanos, Crete, G
    The only colour option for the seats in Germany is "Grotty Grey" :( I would have liked the Tan that they have in the USA.

15. misterbleepy

misterbleepy New Member

I have ordered a Black T3 Prius on our company car scheme - I should get it around the end of February 05.

I test drove a black T-Spirit and my wife and I decided almost straight away we wanted one - it was similar to driving my wife's old DAF 66 in some ways, and very relaxing.

But the waiting - over 4 months to go...

16. capc

capc New Member

I was watching this topic and I think I'm the only Portuguese Prius lover in here. I don't have one yet, but very interested in the way Prius works. It's just a great idea. Why didn't someone come with it earlier?

17. victor

victor New Member

Gilching Bavaria Germany, &amp; Drapanos, Crete, G
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(capc\";p=\"45399)</div>
    Someone has to be first with a great idea ;) and before that you cant get it :lol:

18. BorisSlo

BorisSlo New Member

Greetings from Slovenia. I guess I'm the only one lucky to have waited 0 days for my Prius.

I only wished Toyota registered some other tire/wheel size for Prius in EU as the 195/55R16 are very hard to get and at least 50% more expensive than other, much more common sizes.

Boris

19. misterbleepy

misterbleepy New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(misterbleepy\";p=\"45392)</div>
    Woohoo - the dealer just called - it looks like I may get it mid January :D

20. pepa

pepa New Member

Few days ago I returned from Czech Republic (my "old country"), and have noticed that Toyota is running Prius advertisements all over the place. On the other hand, I see that you guys in other Euro countries are waiting months for your Priuses just like we do here in US.

Is Toyota running advertisements in Europe even though they can't deliver the vehicle immediatelly?

Strange business.