1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Am I the only one flying past other cars on the highway?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Ted Diamond, Apr 20, 2021.

1. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    "Tight corner" and "100 mph+ corner" don't belong together anywhere I have ever been.

What sort of g forces do you expect to pull on those 100 mph corners? For the corners I would call tight, staying on the road at that speed would require from 4 to more than 10 g's. A bit beyond the range of common tire rubber.

2. Samuel Williams Jr

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    LOL, well if you come down here I'll put you up and we can go to one! (But to be clear I did clearly state I did it on a downhill burst on a straight. There were no cornering, forces and the max speed rating on the tires was not exceeded!) I took my 944 thru it at a little more than a 100 mph ... and there were still no corning forces as I recall??

My 951 has W rated tires good for 176 mph. I never took it there and I have only had it up to 140, uphill on one occasion late at night. But in that particular corner I have no doubt it would do well over a 120+ mph. But it would be a tough one for a Prius, you'd have an up hill climb to that corner. And hill climbing is not really there thing but if your keep foot down they will do it?? But the SOC will be two purple bars at the top. But at the top you will see the longest, constant sweeping corner in your life??

And I am from Ca. and I never saw a corner like that?? :)

3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Just editorial: you’ve got to wean yourself from the gratuitous use of “??”??

Oh, and: speed limits??

4. sam spade 2

sam spade 2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I will.

Just as soon as you "wean" yourself from making a post that addresses a single individual WITHOUT doing a quote to specify WHO that individual IS.
    (Oh, maybe this comment wasn't directed to me after all ????????)

And when you stop recommending the same battery tender in seemingly every third post that you make.
    :ROFLMAO:

5. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Sorry, but speed isn't my thing. Motion sickness is one of my things.

If you can point to some of those corners so that I can find them on a map, I can measure their radii and decide if they are "tight corners" by my experience.

When checking some tight corners I'm familiar with, I found many with radii in the 90 to 150 foot range, and a few down at 60 feet. Don't try those at speed.