1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Am I the only one?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by bigscrb15, Jul 1, 2007.

1. gmlawrence

gmlawrence New Member

My reason to buy the Prius. Hmm there are so many. But ours came down to necessity.

My husband had a 2004 Mazda Miata MazdaSpeed that he loved but starting to do what he calls bogging after driving it for a while the then stopping at a stop light etc. It started around 24,000 miles. Meanwhile my 2001 VW Beetle was starting to fall apart. He had his Miata in the shop at Premier Mazda and it got to the point where they could not find the reason it was bogging and it was no longer under warranty. It was taking them that long to figure out the problem. Also it was happening mostly in the cold. So push comes to shove and we tell them to buy the car back. They refused since it was no longer under warranty (Funny thing is though they were fixing it like it was under warranty :rolleyes: ) Oh well. So we go to the top and talk to managers and Mazda corporate and anyone who will listen. All we wanted to do was have them give us another Miata and give us a trade in value of the other one at 24000 miles. Nope they would not do that either. Finally they said some Mazda engineers were going to call us. Never heard from them. So to make a long story short my husband looked at me and said lets do the right thing. We decided that he wanted to do right for the environment and for our sanity.

We traded it in on a 2007 Toyota Prius.

Best thing we have ever done. My husband is stuck with my piece of crud VW but that possibly will be traded in for another Prius down the rode. We have not had very much luck with cars so I am really hoping this car will prove us well. I think it will it has been so much fun to drive. We have made the gas mileage into a game. Who can get the best :D