1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Ambient Temperature Sensor(?) loose

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Stellawasadiver, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Stellawasadiver

Stellawasadiver New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    One
    I unfortunately hit a raccoon the other night and the collision appears to have dislodged the ambient temperature sensor. When I look through the grille, I can see a black cable with a couple of wires in it dangling behind the grille. The cable has a metal clip on it that, from watching sensor replacement videos, appears to clip onto the metal "screen" behind the plastic grille. I can get my arm down in there a little ways, but not enough to clip the sensor back on to the bottom of the screen. See 5:15 of this repair video for a better idea of where I think I'm supposed to reattach it:

Is there any harm in leaving the sensor cable dangling behind the grille? The temperature reading is still accurate. Looks like the bumper would need to come off in order to do this properly and I don't have a lift.

Thanks in advance. I've been coming to PriusChat since 2010 but always found the answer my questions, until now!

2. tankyuong

tankyuong Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    II
    I would zip tie it

3. Stellawasadiver

Stellawasadiver New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    One
    To the plastic grille (or anything I can reach)?

4. tankyuong

tankyuong Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    II
    To anything stable