1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

America Is Not "Sicko," Filmmaker to Tell Lawmakers

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by FloridaWen, Jun 21, 2007.

1. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Personally, I think both Pharmaceutical companies and health care INSURANCE companies should be barred from having any input or influence on any health care plan that's developed.

Of course, you know that if *this* administration comes up with a health care plan it will be WRITTEN by Pharmaceutical companies and the Insurance Industry. (After all, the drug companies already wrote the Medicare drug plan, the banks wrote the bankruptcy plan and big oil wrote the energy bills. That's the way this administration works.)

2. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Jun 22 2007, 07:23 PM) [snapback]466707[/snapback]</div>
    It's not just this administration. Industry lobbyists have written virtually the entire legal code of the U.S. and all the states.

Mark Twain said something to the effect that god could, in his [sic] infinite wisdom, create an honest legislator if he wanted to, but that he never has. Though I would substitute evolution for god, and remove the suggestion of volition, Twain basically had it right.

Any suggestions, from either side of the political spectrum, about what Congress "ought" to do, is ignoring the fact that legislators are in it to get rich, and/or to exercise power over others, and that none of them could care a hill of beans if the country or the world goes to hell in a handbasket because of their actions. Telling a legislator what's right for the nation is like telling a clam what an elephant would like for supper. They might spit in your eye, but they certainly won't care what you have to say on the subject.

3. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    To be honest, none of them has any point of reference. As congressmen the have the best healthcare money can buy and will continue to after they retire. What do they know about paying for health insurance or not having it?

Maybe that's how I'll manage my post retirement health care. I'll just run for office. Once elected...I'm set.

4. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Jun 22 2007, 03:35 PM) [snapback]466600[/snapback]</div>
    If you are a member of CalPERS (California Public Employees' Retirement System), you have the option to pre-fund your retiree health benefits. I strongly urge that you look into that option.

5. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Jun 23 2007, 02:54 PM) [snapback]466939[/snapback]</div>
    Really? I will look into that as I'd like to keep the same healthcare I have now. It took me a while before I finally found a doctor I like. I don't want to have to switch doctors again once I retire. He's so young I'll probably die before he retires.

6. Ethereal

Ethereal New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Jun 22 2007, 06:02 PM) [snapback]466587[/snapback]</div>
    When did the alleged trasnsition occur?

And, in all seriousness, if your distaste for the US is so profound, you do have other options.