1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

amex buyers program (get 2010 approx. $1000 under MSRP)

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by eja231, Jul 28, 2009.

1. jaws3

jaws3 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I used the AMEX program to get a my price quote. Amex dealer did not have Car I wanted. Took the AMEX print out and used it to start the deal. I did not get full quote deal, but I did get $99.00 off the MRP. Not a lot but I never play for price. I also use CFC program and did the deal in AM and drive of with car at 1:00 PM. I was Happy. :)

2. tjp74

tjp74 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Have you been reading latest news about Insight? It turns out to be a major sales failure and even Honda is admiting short commings of car (cabin noise, lausy handling/ride, fuel economy just to mention few) that they are going back to the drawing board and planning to roll out production changes as early as next year. Talk about facelift in only 1 year :eek:

I just can't think of any good justifacation to go with Insight instead of Prius. If I am going to buy a Insight, I would at least wait and buy new improved model next year.

Honda sold 2000 Insights in July while Toyota sold over 12000. I wonder how many of those 2000 Insight sales would have been Prius sales if more were available during month of July?
    I bet August sales would be better for Insight since alot of impatient buyers are choosing Insights at discounts instead of being on a month long waiting list at MSRP. Don't make an impatient decisions. You own your car for years not months.

3. fickerdm

fickerdm New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The amex program is run by Zag and is the same program that AAA uses. I was thinking about using this auto buying program when I purchase my Prius. I live in the Cincinnati area and as of today the "Member Price" for a Prius II is quoted at $23,232 (or $482 over MSRP). Doesn't sound like a special "Member Price" to me.

4. DWrath

DWrath New Member

Yea, looking into the Insight, I'm not too impressed. Call me crazy, but if I'm gonna throw down some serious cash for a car, I'd like to get what I want, and not a bunch of overpriced options as part of a "package". Toyota has us by the short hairs on this one, being the best hybrid out there IMHO, and if you want their coolest option, the solar roof, you gotta pay through the nose not only for the roof, but you gotta get their other overpriced stuff too. Toyota knows most people wouldn't pay $1800 for their nav system (we all know the shortcomings of their system), but most people want that solar roof, so they package them together; and now they are packaging their Safety Connect subscription and a USB connector to the Solar Package; guess they figured those wouldn't be selling by themselves either.

So what's a environmentally conscious buyer who doesn't like to be taken advantage of to do? Wait. Yea wait, perhaps when cash for clunkers dries up, the newness of the Prius dies down, all electric vehicles start to appear, and the Insight gets a better model, Toyota will become more reasonable with their "options". But by then, it may be too late as their loyal customers slip away...

5. aksharam

aksharam New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    My area(Chicago) amex auto program says 22k+750=22750.