1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Amp install guide?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by thekenstar, Feb 1, 2016.

1. thekenstar

thekenstar Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I am going to be installing an amp to power an 8" subwoofer in my 2012 Plug-in Advanced. I can't seem to find a guide where it shows basic things like where the battery is located, a good place to tap into the speaker connections, and stuff like that. I am familiar with installing car audio systems but have never installed anything into a Prius. I would also like to know if anyone out there has a similar setup and how it has affected their electrical system. I am going to try to run it at 1-ohm but am not sure how the car and speaker will handle it, if it doesn't handle it well then ill end running it at 4-ohms. Im pretty excited about the stuff I'm installing, here is a list:

- Sundown e-8 v.4 d2 -

- Hifonics Brutus BRZ1200.1d -

- AudioControl Epicenter -

- AudioControl LC2i -

- ASC Ported Enclosure -

2. Sfcyclist

Sfcyclist Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    The 1ohm load depend on your amp not the car. The wattage is the load your car needs to handle.

Battery is on right side in trunk.

iPhone ?

3. thekenstar

thekenstar Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Thanks for the reply. I installed it and that 8" woofer is a monster! Can you tell me where the factory JBL amp is located? I have a 2012 PIP Advance.

Nevermind! I just read somewhere that its under the drivers seat! Thanks anyway.

4. Sfcyclist

Sfcyclist Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    As everyone has said, just search.

iPhone ?