1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Amp install question

Discussion in 'Prius c Audio and Electronics' started by turbozetec, Jul 13, 2015.

1. turbozetec

turbozetec New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I'm planning on buying a 8in 200watt powered sub. My question is where is everybody running the power wire to for amp installs on the c? I have been looking but i cant seem to find the answer.

Thanks

2. valde3

valde3 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Directly (through fuse) to 12V battery as you should do with every car. With Prius (all models) you don’t even need long power cable. Prius C has its 12V battery under the rear seat.

Amplifier ground wire is the one that you have to think. You need strong ground location but don’t connect it directly to battery negative.

3. turbozetec

turbozetec New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks I though it was just the hybrid bat under the seat. I had though I had seen that it was in the left rear pannel but pulled that off and it wasnt there. Must have been a standard prius that i seen.

4. oemaudioplus

oemaudioplus Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    We'll be putting together a Step-by-step installation video for one of our kits this month. Thought the install won't pertain to your set up it will at least give you an overview of the disassembly associated with the rear seat (and subsequent access to the battery).

5. OldNo7

OldNo7 Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    I powered my under seat amp with an 8 gauge fused wire to the positive battery terminal under the rear seat and grounded it to an existing bolt in the side pillar between the doors (pic attached) . I sanded first of course to get bare metal. I ran the speaker wire inputs from the head unit and returns to harnesses behind head unit down the center console.

Its a 5 Channel amp, the sub wires go to the rear for the sub along almost same route as power wire to under the seat.

I was trying to find the thread that I read to see where to ground the amp, and couldn't. I just did and want to give credit and props to the guy who put a lot of work into a tutorial.

Prius C One rear speaker install steps with photos! | PriusChat

Attached Files: