1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Amp, Sub, and Speakers made FOR the 4th Gen? - OEM Audio Plus

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by EdibleSmurf, Jul 9, 2021.

1. EdibleSmurf

EdibleSmurf Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    First post in forever.

Been following these guys on the interwebs for a while and they claim to be putting out a system for upgrading the 4th Gen
    sound. They've claimed to have something for this platform for years, but just recently I have seen movement validating that. Supposed to be superb, all the while maintaining factory look. Any insight on this? They are not new to the market, lots of good reviews from Toyota truck owners. I'm getting restless about my audio... Not looking for obnoxious sound, but I certainly want quality (and a lot of it).

I love my music, but don't want to go the custom route. I have never ventured into messing car audio. I like wrenching, but don't want to take on a project that I can't complete in a day. Any thoughts those familiar with a relatively similar disassembly on how long it might take?

Compositions and krmcg like this.
  2. thomassster

thomassster Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    This is going to take a while for someone who has never opened up the Prius. Pulling panels take a bit of force and could possibly break bunch of clips while at it. Hopefully you buy a bunch of spares. Luckily the ones they use fit some generic eBay ones. That looks like a full 2 day job at a minimum for your average wrencher. This set looks pretty good, not quite sure the specs. An amp and sub will definitely be an upgrade on the stock speakers.

EdibleSmurf likes this.
  3. EdibleSmurf

EdibleSmurf Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    @thomassster, I appreciate the feedback. Thanks for the pro-tip regarding the factory clips. I'll see if I can source these.

I've probably watched the video 6 times now. So stoked at the potential of getting this installed!

4. thomassster

thomassster Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    Watching the video, interesting they were working on a Prius prime that had the 11” screen instead of the standard stock. I thought they would have different connectors in the back, but guessed they also have the 10 pin and 6 pin standard Toyota connectors. I’m not sure what prius you have but the head units that came with car play on the 2020 and up have different connectors. Not sure if the product you are buying supports those. If you know wiring, you possibly can make your own adapters but for a product that is suppose to be out of the box, the hope is that they support it. Here is an example of the popular clips. I bought a bag of 25 which I use pretty often when I open up panels to do stuff. Even with decent tools, it’s difficult to avoid breaking a few here and there.

Skavis likes this.