1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

An honest dealer -- NOT overselling service

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by cyberprius, May 22, 2008.

1. liznowen

liznowen Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    The oil chang only costs $28.95, I think (maybe $32.95) but they try to trick you into the 5k "service" that's $69.95. I passed the first time. I'm not paying an extra $40 to get my tires rotated. I got them rotated at the second oil change, 10k miles. I think I MAY get the 15k service, since I'll be taking my baby on her first long trip, 1800 miles each way, this summer.

2. rigormortis

rigormortis Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    anyplace that does oil changes supposed to let you drop off used motor oil free of charge, jiffy lube got sued a couple years ago by making the disposal fee sound like a goverment fee. and they mailed out a bunch of $5 coupons
    to customers..

we have curb side pickup of used motor oil also, your supposed to ask for one of their milk containers to pour the motor oil in, if you use your own container
    they won't pick it up unless you actually write 'used motor oil' on the container.

3. cyberprius

cyberprius Mtn Bikes don't need foglights

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Slightly off-topic, but local tire dealers all rotate and re-balance for free.

LOCAL Toyota dealer, NOT the dealer I mentioned earlier, charges $39.95 for same service....I just got their monthly service "special" flier in the mail.

4. MagneticGrayIndy

MagneticGrayIndy 06Prius;94M Miata;65Rambler770

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    we have had our Prius serviced exclusively at O'Brien Toyota in Indpls since we bought it two years ago and I have to say they've been fantastic. They never try to charge us for things we don't need and they replaced a misty headlight under warranty with no issues... Plus, we've had the same service guy each time it seems and he is a Prius fanatic. Even gave us a great article on how to drive better for optimum fuel economy. No complaints.

5. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Kragens is a California discount auto parts chain. Its stores will accept used engine oil.

Check with your local dump to see how and when it will accept household hazardous substances. The dump near San Juan Capistrano is closest to my home. It is open six days a week to accept various household chemicals including automotive fluids.