1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

An iPhone app worth having (but not for Prius)

Discussion in 'EV (Electric Vehicle) Discussion' started by damack1, Jan 6, 2010.

1. damack1

damack1 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Hey, Toyota, take a look at this. Here's an iPhone app that's worth the trouble of downloading, for the Chevy Volt. Will you do something like this for us, if we're very, very nice? Ours should be easier - no need for all the charging information...

OnStar mobile app puts the Chevy Volt in your pocket | 2010 CES - CNET

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The Nissan Leaf EV will have something similar and it seems clear it will be a mandatory feature of EVs and PHEVs as we go forward...a way to remotely monitor the car's charging status and SOC. Right now, with only 500 PHEV Prii worldwide it's probably not on the front burner, but I do hope Toyota also chooses some way to integrate remote monitoring.

BTW, thread moved

1 person likes this.
  3. damack1

damack1 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I see this got moved out of the Prius main forum. Someone must have thought I was putting in a plug for the Volt, but that was not my intention. We had a big thread going a few months ago about the Prius iPhone app, and how lame it was. I meant this to spur some discussion on what we'd really like to have. Hmmm. I guess, well, never mind.