1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

an unexpected bonus after replacing 12 v. battery!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by spudnut, Jul 1, 2019.

1. spudnut

spudnut Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I self drifted my thread on "carrying an ebike in a Prius", into how I discovered my acc battery (original, 2013 PIP) was shot, so I won't go into that again. BUT, to my surprise, the first time I fired it up after I replaced it before heading into town, with the usual full charge, I was very pleased to see I had pickedup 3.5/4 miles on my EV display! I had been showing 10+ the last several months, and thru the winter, though when I first bought it, used, it used to be 11+. I suppose the HV battery was working overtime keeping the little battery topped off? Whatever, don't care, but I'll take it, a very nice surprise. BTW: my commute to my crane yard is 13 miles, with a 1200' vert descent, I usually get there with 3 or 4 miles left "in the bank, today it was almost 8.

jerrymildred and RMB like this.
  2. Attila Fekete

Attila Fekete Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    II
    When you replace the 12V battery, it resets the ECU. It will learn again your driving habbits and will get closer to reality.

jerrymildred and Mendel Leisk like this.
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    yeah, i replaced mine a few weeks ago. was around 14 before and after, no excitement