1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

And buy the second new car for just $1.00

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ctbering, Nov 18, 2008.

1. ctbering

ctbering Rambling Man

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    A car dealer in Chicago, Mancari's Chrysler, is advertising P.T. Cruisers for almost 2 for 1. The price is based on the price of the first car sold at MSRP.
    However you feel about these cars, and I don't have any idea about this particular model, it appears the act of pure desperation from very desperate people.
    I visited my Toyota dealership a few weeks back and my salesman said his dealership was braced for a very slow sales season. He said more than once how fortunate he felt he was selling Toyotas. This was before the melt-down with GM and the other American car corporations begging for the 'free money'.

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I think a GM dealer had something similar but with the Aveo instead.

3. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    The piece I saw on MSNBC said "full price on (some large SUV thing) and a used PT Cruiser for $1." The offer is good only on the 5 SUVs in inventory.

4. jelloslug

jelloslug It buffed right out!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Well, the PT Cruiser has been out since 2001 so many of the bugs have been worked out. It's a rather versatile little car with removable rear seats and a foldable front seat. Many people will warn you of the auto transmission in the car but with a rather weak 2.4 powering the car it should last a long time just as long as you don't do any power flushes and only fill it with ATF +4. It's not a powerful car by any means but it's more than antiquite. With the manual transmission they are almost fun. Step up to the turbo 2.4 and you can have quiet a bit of fun. I would consider one if I liked them more and they got a bit better MPG.