1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

And now some Good News

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by JimboPalmer, Apr 24, 2019.

1. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I am taking my wife on our 200th* wedding anniversary, two weeks cruising to to Hawaii.
    You won't have to put up with me! I recommend cruising for reasons you may not expect:

My cell phone quits working about 2 hours out of port. They are just going to have to sort it out on their own. Alaska cruises are VERY good at this as the cell tower in Skagway is in no way prepared for 4000 tourists and crew to hit town at once. So even in port, I am incommunicado. Sadly I expect Hawaii to have more robust infrastructure.

In a very related vein, email cuts off. sadly even Alaska lets email through, I expect some email in Hawaii.

My spouse cannot send me to the store. I bet I do laundry.

My wife likes Carnival, as she gets the same table, waiters, and fellow guests each evening, so you can compare notes. Other lines tend to be less rigid.

There will be minor musicians playing all the onboard venues; one cruise I followed a steel drum player to every bar, another cruise 3 Polish ladies who played Violin, Viola, and Cello. The Cello player spoke some English.

Anyway see you on May 14th.

* I was 45 when we got married, I will never make it to those big year anniversaries, so I celebrate what I do get. There is no etiquette manual telling you what the 203th anniversary theme is, so I can't be wrong! (It is the binocular anniversary, because I say so!)

2. PhilWray2

PhilWray2 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    ----UK----
    Congratulations - Enjoy!

3. Prius Maximus

Prius Maximus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    We too are celebrating our 200th*. (20 x 10 - 'because we got hitched when I was 40 and we'll never make those big numbers either.) our 100th* we went to Alaska, so we're going back. Thought about Hawaii, but 5 days out and 6 days back on the boat was a bit too much. Also thought about New Zealand, but a 20+ hour flight didn't seem enjoyable.

Congrats and have fun!

4. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    She is plotting Panama canal cruise for 250th.

5. cyberpriusII

cyberpriusII Prodigyplace says I'm Super Kris

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It's funny. The old joke is the husband forgets the anniversaries, birthdays, etc. But in our family, it is myself with the forgetful side.

Have a great time.

I really admire people such as yourself whom place meaning on such things on YOUR TERMS!!

I LOVE living in the woods. I only get cell phone reception if I go down the driveway apiece (apiece, that's one of those yokel terms, like "motorsickel" and "crick" _- as in creek).

apiece / a piece | Common Errors in English Usage and More | Washington State University

hyo silver likes this.
  6. Prius Maximus

Prius Maximus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    down the road a piece? That's over yonder.

7. cyberpriusII

cyberpriusII Prodigyplace says I'm Super Kris

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yep, near the donkey engine.....not to hijack the thread.