1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

...and the onlookers were impressed too

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by TonyPSchaefer, Sep 25, 2004.

1. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    While traveling with the Rent-a-Prius I did stop at a rest stop to grab a cat-nap, and found a fully reclined driver's seat to be pretty comfy to sleep on. I never did figure out how to fold down the back seats, so while at my camping destination I slept on the back seat at night (Prii make excellent campers!). But then, I'm only 5'0" so maybe you taller folks would not find either of those spots comfortable to sleep on. ;)

2. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I got my condo in Aug and my Prius in Oct. I still wanted to finish a few things up in the condo, and high on the list was genuine tempered glass shower doors instead of that plastic crap.

My shower door and a few other things finally came in around the third week in Oct. I read the manual and then I went to the Home Centre (Note correct metric spelling!) to pick everything up.

It created quite the crowd in the parking lot while the store employee and me were loading everything up. The folding front seat is about the best single idea I have ever seen in a car.

Combine the hatchback design with the folding seats, and why the h*** would I ever need anything bigger? This is about the most practical and versatile vehicle I have ever owned.

I'm actually used now to people gawking at my Prius. I've even gotten used to carrying a bottle of Windex to clean all the fingerprints off the side glass!

About a month ago I parked next to an H2 at a mall here. When I went back out, a few folks were staring at my Prius, even peeking at the interior.

Nobody paid any attention to the giant SUV that dwarfed my Prius.

3. prius04

prius04 New Member

I never realized there was metric spelling!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

4. mpruis

mpruis Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hatchbacks with folding seats Rule!
    My Prius replaced a Nissan 300; but with the Prius,
    I regularly carry 10 foot lengths of copper pipe or
    conduit with the hatch closed - could do that with
    the Nissans', but those were only two seaters, or
    two adults and two babies.
    Anyhow, I also regularly carry a 26 inch wheel folding
    bicycle in the underhatch storage as well - removed the
    underwell liner.
    Just love this car.
    MrMel

5. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jayman\";p=\"59880)</div>
    Well, it was a tight fit getting the kids and all the Christmas presents in my Prius coming home from my in-laws today. :)

My mother-in-law and taken the girls and their clothes, dolls, etc on Thursday. That left me, my wife, the presents and my sister-in-law (with 1 carry-on bag) who we picked up at the airport Friday night.

Left the sister-in-law in Stowe for the week. I could have put more in if I had to but I like to see out the back so I fit it all at rear seat back height. The footwell and seat behind the driver's seat was packed so a 3rd person wouldn't have fit.

Remember for next year: No big presents! :)

6. disneydad

disneydad Junior Member