1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Android Based Aftermarket Stereo?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by ZBrink, Apr 26, 2014.

1. ZBrink

ZBrink Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Does anyone have experience with these Android stereo systems? Does anyone recommend anything else? I have a 2010 Prius III with JBL and navigation but I feel the navigation is terrible. I am looking to tether my Verizon S4 to something where I can utilize Waze App or the like for navigation on my drives.

2. akh1685

akh1685 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Old bump. Interested to know also!

3. lwleaver

lwleaver Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I am using one that was discussed at length in another post on here. I am currently doing the same thing you are thinking about. I use a Nexus 5 setup with tethering and let Waze run off it as well as Google Music, Pandora and whatever else sparks my interest at the moment. The stereo is running Jelly Bean 4.2.2 and so far it is has been pretty solid. The GPS app that came with it, iGo Primo, is pretty good as well. For the $460 or so I spent I think it is well worth the money. The only gripe I have is the microphone. Callers tell me the voice quality sucks, so I usually use a bluetooth headset I already had.

akh1685 likes this.