1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Android head unit brand or not?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Hyme Dagreat, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Hyme Dagreat

Hyme Dagreat New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    In the future I'm planning to upgrade the factory JBL system in my 2010 Prius to something better. I've been looking at the traditional brands like Kenwood, Pioneer, etc of systems out there. Also, I've read about certain Chinese Android head units available. These look very tempting, especially because of the screen size and the stock look of the surrounding frame. I basically want something allows me to install a rear camera and has good sound (at least as good as stock) with the stock speakers without adding an amp. I'm hesitant, though, since these units are unknown brands and are somewhat expensive. Is there a brand anyone can recommend, or should I just not even bother with an Android system?

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

Dylan Doxey likes this.
  2. P13-T5

P13-T5 Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I've replaced my JBL head unit few months ago, but I didn't get the common brand like the ones you mentioned. Instead, I bought an Android head unit because I love Waze GPS & I didn't like the fact that Toyota was going to charge me around $300 just for map update.

I'd recommend something similar to this:
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F283421506372

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

marvingloria2011 likes this.
  3. prius2010II

prius2010II Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    The ebay and aliexpress links have expired. Can any of the posters who used aftermarket units share the name of the reseller they used and indicate if it's from ebay or aliexpress.

Thanks.