1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Android Head Unit issues

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Nixon, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Nixon

Nixon New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Has anyone using an Android head unit had any issues with the button functions? I installed a unit 4 months ago in my wife's car and so far it's been pretty good. Then one day, for no apparent reason all of the side buttons stopped working, or adopted new functions. I.E. NAVI is now E.Q. This suggests that they can be assigned functions- like the steering wheel controls, but so far I haven't figured out how.

I have tried the RST reset and it did re boot, but no change.
    I have tried to restore factory settings, and it did. No change in button function.
    I figured out the the password, 126, but I stopped there, not knowing how to proceed.

The unit is running 5.1 and was purchased from Autotrons on E bay. No tech support whatsoever. Word of warning: Autotrons advertises their unit for all Gen III vehicles but their wire harness only fits up to 2012. I sourced the late model harness from auto pumpkin for $36.00.

Any tips would be really really appreciated.

2. saltdiscus

saltdiscus Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    goto factory setting and can u post your setting here.I know there are various option like wheel 1 made my pumpkin head unit button disabled.

3. Nixon

Nixon New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thanks for the tip. I will look into this tonight.