Android Head Unit

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by P13-T5, Mar 20, 2018.

1. P13-T5

P13-T5 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    It has an octacore processor, very responsive & performs way better than my first one. SWC are retainable & yes I do have a JBL unit. Just a small caveat; the backlight does not dim. I had to download "Night Owl" app to get this function. I also downloaded Wifi Analyzer to make it connect to my phone's hotspot automatically.

Overall, its many features outweighs those two deficiencies I mentioned. You're also going to need the USB retaining cable for the center console & GPS retaining cable, if you wish, but otherwise it comes with GPS antenna. I just preferred its original & already installed GPS antenna (see images). Both of those I found in Amazon. 20180712_173652.jpeg 20180712_173601.jpeg

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

2. TheChip

TheChip Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Can you post a link to those cables?

And how does the night owl app work? I really dont want a massively bight radio when I'm road tripping at night.

Otherwise it sounds like an amazing head unit!

3. kurobaxkaito

kurobaxkaito New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    One last thing before I commit to this purchase... Can I use my stock reverse camera or do I need to put the new one on in order to use it? I'm just trying to figure out how much much original equipment I can reuse and what will be third party.

Thanks in advance!

TheChip likes this.
  4. Knaplullig

Knaplullig Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Depending on the connector you have:

Or

On other forum they talk about this one:

Connects2 Ltd

5. P13-T5

P13-T5 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Five

The app is fantastic and very easy to use. You can launch a widget on the main screen as your quick dimmer button. It also has settings where you can have it adjust automatically by syncing its time with GPS or your local time.

6. P13-T5

P13-T5 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Yes, in fact this unit has option to enable reverse guide lines as well as the trajectory guide lines which are very nice features. The trajectory lines curves as you turn your steering wheel, allowing you to see the position of your tires with respect to your steering wheel column. The only thing I didn't like about the stock camera is its resolution. It's poor in comparison to many of the aftermarket cameras out there. But please be advised that wiring your camera with an aftermarket one, albeit doesn't require running video wires from your trunk, can be an arduous task.

Cyvan likes this.