1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Android headunit

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by jteran5, Aug 21, 2020.

1. jteran5

jteran5 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    I had a shop install for me so not sure how it worked. My controls work fine and I didn't have to change the canbus settings. As for the rear camera, it should be controlled by the canbus. I used an aftermarket camera so cant comment on the stock one... Did you receive the canbus? I'll take a look at my canbus settings tomorrow

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

2. FiremanNZ

FiremanNZ New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes, Canbus unit is present, and see photos - it was delivered set to number 08 'Camry&Rav4(simple)'

There's no setting in any of the ~140 Canbus options that mentions 'Prius'.

Hopefully it'll all work when I can get the Canbus set up properly. Is there somewhere I can do a quick and easy check on whether the Canbus is working or not? Something like a... page of gauges maybe? I couldn't find one.

3. Thinkfire

Thinkfire Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Three
  4. Eendenman

Eendenman New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

Did you connect the yellow male RCA plug to the brown female plug on the picture (nr 8?). My camera didn't work at first, until I noticed I had to do this.

My canbus settings are the same as yours, and they work. I do still have a problem with buzzing noise. I've bought the adapter mentioned in this topic previously ("speaker line adapter to RCA"), but the seller said it probably wouldn't fit. The connection seems the same to me though, so I'm hoping that it will work.

Attached Files:

5. hg1027

hg1027 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    For those of you with whine issues, have you tried ground loop isolators? I've had a few aux in devices with a whine when no input, and either directly grounding the shield at the micro USB, or tapping in to the cable shield have resolved.