1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Android, or Apple?

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by RCO, Oct 10, 2016.

1. RCO

RCO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Can anybody explain the advantages and disadvantages of these two phone systems with regards to functionality in the Gen4 Prius. I have an iPad and a Samsung 8" tablet, though my phone is a Nexus 6 any of which I'd like to use for navigation etc as well as the obvious.

What is your experience so far and what do you like, or dislike about the functions available... or missing?

2. bbald123

bbald123 Thermodynamics Law Enforcement

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    A better idea: set up one of your Apple devices and your Android device and give us a detailed review...

RCO likes this.
  3. RCO

RCO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    OK, I'll give it a try but you're gonna have to wait till December before I can give a comparison. Plus, not sure how to fit an iPad into the car. Fwiw, I intend to use Waze and Google maps for navigation on either my Nexus 6 or Sam tab 2. 8"

4. hohos

hohos Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    FYI, I've tried both the iPhone 6 (iOS) and Motorola G4 (android) on my Prius 3. I think they are both functionally similar via bluetooth. However, I couldn't get my Motorola G4 to be recognized by the Prius via USB port. I prefer USB for music since I prefer to listen to podcasts, and I can usually access them through the car's entertainment systems if I connect via USB. If you were to get an android device, I would guess that you'd get the best results (bluetooth, USB, phonebook, etc) by sticking to the mainstream (Samsung and maybe Google Nexus) products.

RCO likes this.
  5. RCO

RCO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks. That was really useful information. I guess that rules out getting a G4 Moto G which I happen to like a lot! :)