1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Android or Iphone For 2015 V Model 4

Discussion in 'Prius v Audio and Electronics' started by ANCHORMAN, Jan 30, 2020.

1. ANCHORMAN

ANCHORMAN Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four
    Just got the car and I need a new phone. Which type will interface best? Entune, etc.

2. ANCHORMAN

ANCHORMAN Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four
    No one here uses a phone in their Prius?

3. Offline

Offline Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I can tell you which works better in our 2012 Prius v Five which has the "Premium HDD Navigation with Entune and JBL" system included in it's optional Advanced Technology Package but I don't know if that is relevant to the "Entune Premium Audio with Navigation and App Suite" that is in your 2015 Prius v Four.

My wife has had an iPhone during her 7 1/2 with her Prius - currently an iPhone 6. I bought my first smart phone when she bought her Prius so I could its Entune. All my phones have been Samsung Android - S3, then S5, then S10 since last Friday.

The only difference in functionality I can think of is that my Samsung Android allows me to reply on the in-dash screen to incoming emails and text messages with canned responses but my wife's iPhone does not. iPhone doesn't support the industry standard protocols needed to allow 2-way communication with the car. My wife complains about it but it's not important enough for her to give up her iPhone.

Some people prefer iPhone. Some prefer Android. IIRC, there's more iPhone users in the U.S. but more Android users worldwide.

Several service providers have recently lowered prices on Samsung devices - probably due to upcoming new products. I planned to get a 128GB Samsung S10 when I went to AT&T last Friday but got the 512GB version since it was the same price. My Samsung S5 had only 16GB of memory so it's nice to stop having to constantly delete stuff from my phone and keep clearing application cache.

4. dubit

dubit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Well, if you value Privacy - Go with the iPhone.

5. ANCHORMAN

ANCHORMAN Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four
    Thanks for the input! I have an LG V30 right now that hooked up to the bluetooth in the car fine. Haven't tried Entune yet but it has some terrible reviews out there. I went to look at a new phone and strangely, like the story of the 3 bears, the LG v50 was a little longer, the equivalent Iphone was a little thicker, and my current phone is just the right size to ride in my front left pocket without falling out...much. So I'm keeping it and will reevaluate in a year or so. Anyway the car is a pleasure to drive.

dubit likes this.