1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Announcing the PriusChat OBDII Phone App Project

Discussion in 'Prius OBDII Third-Party Apps' started by TonyPSchaefer, Nov 20, 2010.

1. SFGiant-and-Plugin-Fan

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Prius friendly Blackberry OBDII Phone App

I've e-mailed the folks at Laplogger.com, who have developed free and $14.95 versions of a Blackberry OBDII app to let them know that us Crackberry Prius owners, especially those of us with plug-in conversions, would love to see them make their Blackberry apps more Prius-friendly by adding gauges for Traction Battery Current, State of Charge, Traction Battery Voltage and Traction Battery Temperature, in addition to the more standard RPM, ignition advance (IGN), Hp and ICE Coolant Temperature. If you would like to see this happen, please join me in making a donation to the Laplogger BB OBDII app project at laplogger.com/support.shtml?fily=free_bb. They explicitly state that if we "would like more enhancements some beer(s) won't hurt." In the "Purpose" box that appears after you login to PayPal be sure to state that your donation is for the Prius-friendly BB (Beer and Blackberry?) app project!:attention:

2. SFGiant-and-Plugin-Fan

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Re: Prius friendly Blackberry OBDII Phone App

Let me know if you think I should start a separate thread for this. I'd be happy to be the conduit between us and laplogger for conveying code, wants and needs. To get started, they need (besides beer money) "OBD raw code replies" and testers with an "ELM-based interface." I might be willing to be a tester, but I do not read OBD code for a living, so might need help with that. In their response to my latest e-mail, they indicate that:

"late vehicles are CAN MY06 and up the port is the same as per SAE. Do you have an interface already??? or access to one so it can be tried???. On the LL we have a cmd expert option where raw commands can be sent to the ECM and the answers are a bit cryptic but not so bad. If all of the above holds true it should be
    a matter of getting those raw codes dissecting them and good we go. Not sure if will be that easy but it just might."

I have an ELM327 bluetooth/ISB on order from ELM327.net and have downloaded their free (and will likely purchase their full) version of their BB OBDII reader app. Would that qualify as an interface? Do any of you have better answers to their questions? If so, I will be happy to pass them on.:rockon:

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced

Thanks for reaching out. I honestly have no clue how to proceed with any of this; I am merely attempting to create a conduit for those of you who know what you are doing.

I will make new forums for Blackberry and Android phones. You will be able to create threads in there.

Okay, hit this => http://priuschat.com/forums/priuschat-obdii-phone-apps/

4. SFGiant-and-Plugin-Fan

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

Excellent! I will post in the new Blackberry OBD app topic area you created. Thanks!

5. sorka

sorka Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    Does anyone know if our Droids will connect to an Elm327 dongle at the same time as they're connected to our prius phone bluetooth or any headset for that matter? I was getting ready to buy an Elm327 dongle but then realized that if I had to choose which device my phone was connected to that it would be a deal killer and I'd be better off with a ScanguageII. I really want an RPM guage with a nice big round display and it would be perfect on my Droid X which is mounted on the upper left pillar perfect for auxillary guages.

6. frenchie

frenchie Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    droid, phone & OBD at the same time

bonsoir,
    no problem, using BT, you can connect your droid to the car and to an elm327 dongle at the same time.

for instance, it is possible to use torque and when there is an incoming call, the priority goes automatically to the phone activity.

7. sorka

sorka Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    Thanks. Got my Xitech several days ago and bought Torque for $4.80. It's working great and still works when using the headset bluetooth profile.

Saved my neighbor $95 diagnostic by getting the code that turned on his engine check light. He had a P0380 glow plug voltage error. Turned out it was most likely a corroded connector. We reset the code to see if it comes back.

Of course the main reason I got it was so I can monitor my RPMs and engine load for more precise freeway pulse and glide technique.

My droidx has a nice car mount which I keep in front of the drivers column and the bluetooth means no messy wires except the charging cable, but I'm going to run that from the column as well to minimize the mess.

8. imwoody36

imwoody36 the prius parts guy

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    hey everybody. I just found the obdchat thread.
    lets put some new life into this project.
    I will fund a hardware buy.

1 person likes this.
  9. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Woody, what is the OS of your phone?

10. imwoody36

imwoody36 the prius parts guy

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    it is Droid, and my good friends is an iPhone.

sorry for the delay I was at the EVconversion Convention in Mo. the past 4 days.

everybody is working on a smartphone ap at the same time.
    I met two other well established CEO's who market EV components who are bringing CANbus aps to market

11. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    You can run Torque app and load the custom PIDs.

Is that what you are looking to do?

1 person likes this.
  12. Carzone

Carzone New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Could anybody tell me how to download and install an old DashXL skin from iPhone?

I like the LFA skin very much. But it is on Page 7 now. I couldn't access it from Dashcommand software. I can see it in Safari, but I can not download it.

Thank you very much!

13. Carzone

Carzone New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I figured it out.

-Download the skin in PC.
    -Rename it from ".zip" to ".dxls"
    -Use ifunbox to copy it into iPhone.
    -Select it in the dashcommand.

Done.

14. motoleon

motoleon Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  15. markabele

markabele owner of PiP, then Leaf, then Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
  16. mrbigh

mrbigh Prius Absolutum Dominium

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
  17. motoleon

motoleon Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Now my app is free, it is beta. I am not planned to add cost, for now.
    It is only for prius, and it will show PIDs that torque cant do, and other params like internal resistance relative to hibrid batteries. It will be go for prius 2010 and prius 2012.
    At the moment, mi full app is running in Windows Mobile 6.5, and i can migrate it to Android. WM app is for personal use only, i not sell it. My full WM app can switch off seat belts, disable backward beeps, etc, and show ECU trouble codes, and show a lot of params relative to my prius 2010.
    Torque is beautiful, but its a toy. Our prius needs a seriusly app, not a toy app...
    Bye.

18. markabele

markabele owner of PiP, then Leaf, then Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    You aren't going to make many friends on here saying bad things about Torque.

19. motoleon

motoleon Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ok, really i probe torque, it is beautifull with circular clocks and configurable. But i consider it generic product. I need a prius exclusive product, that gives me more especific info. I dont sayd that torque is a bad product. For me, it is like a toy. ¿can torque show me differential volts over the blocks of my hybrid battery?¿can torque show me the internal resistance blocks of my hybrid battery?¿can torque put my prius in maintenance mode? this is a little things that mi WM app do for me. And i need know if there are guys interested in the migration to android app. If no, i dont expend time doing it.
    Bye.

20. mrbigh

mrbigh Prius Absolutum Dominium

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    motoleon,
    probably you haven't search deep enough but Torque app is available for the Prius Gen III with an extense PID listing, 220 different ones I think.
    Check it up in withing the PC recent threads. I'm using it for my 2012 Plug-in Prius.
    I f you want, I can write you in the Priuseros site
    Horacio