1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Annoying Bluetooth Audio Banner

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by web1b, Apr 5, 2012.

1. web1b

web1b Active Member

I started getting this annoying banner when playing audio from an app that supports displaying song info from my iPhone 4. The track info display is nice, but this banner at the top of the screen is worse than useless since it doesn't even display the song title here (you have to go to another screen to see useful detailed track info instead of just a track #) and this banner blocks way too much space on the screen especially when using the backup camera.
    Anyone know a way to turn this off permanently other than disabling bluetooth track info?
    I will also contact the app developer to see if it is a bug or something they can work around without completely disabling the useful track info.

I also wish the real track info screen could be set to stay on instead of timing out after a few seconds. Unless I am using nav, it would be helpful for the song info and radio station call letters stay up especially when listening to the radio where you may hear new music. Of course, it would need to automatically turn off when backing up and displaying the rear view camera screen.
    Why have the sound controls for bass, treble, fade and balance stay up forever and not the track info?

Attached Files:

2. web1b

web1b Active Member

Has anyone else seen this issue? It first started popping up the Bluetooth banner on Downcast back in April, but I started getting the same issue on Stitcher Radio when it was updated a few weeks ago and on the new Apple podcast app.
    I'm wondering if it is the phone or apps or if it is a problem with the car's head unit that I should have fixed before the warranty expires in a few months.
    The banner doesn't just pop up for a second. I stays on the screen permanently. I can clear it temporarily by pressing the MAP button when showing the map and if I click Display and then OK when the backup camera is on. Very annoying.
    I suppose if others are using the same apps and same phone in a 2010-2011 Prius and don't have the issue, then it is probably the car.

3. Franknbeans

Franknbeans Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    If im not mistaken i just saw on my 2012 Prius II that there is a option to disable the bluetooth banner.

4. web1b

web1b Active Member

It might be different in a 2012 than a 2010, but where did you see that?

5. Franknbeans

Franknbeans Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I think it was in the Bluetooth settings, but might of been in the display also. I can look later and let you know.

6. mmoallem

mmoallem Junior Member