1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Annoying Bluetooth story

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by mikepaul, Jul 14, 2005.

1. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I was driving to work this morning, and like a lot of mornings the Prius indicated lack of a Bluetooth connection about 1/4 mile from home. I ignored it as typical, and never did notice if it ever connected.

So I get to work, and discover I'd actually left my cellphone home. So I make a detour at lunch to go get it, and when I pull into my driveway, I get the Connected message just as I'm parked where I always do.

Now I'm annoyed. If I leave the phone in its current place, I'll never be sure I have it with me since a Connect message might always show up as I'm leaving. Always checking for a phone on the frequent occasions I get the Failed message will get old fast. Relocating the phone to a distant spot from the car will get older faster...

:|

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You lead a difficult life sir... ;-) And those starving kids in Africa complain about being hungry...have they every had to deal with a problem as difficult as where to place a BT cell phone?? I don't think so!

3. dreichla

dreichla New Member

How about keeping your phone next to your car keys? Works well for me!.

4. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    That's where everything is now, on a Baker's rack near the carport door...

5. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I'll just assume the helpful suggestion got hijacked or something and carry on as best I can... 8)

6. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    So your phone actually connects when it's outside of the car?

Nate

7. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Yea, I got the Connect message when the phone was still inside the house. I'd have to try a call to see if the quality sucks or something...

8. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Sorry, hadn't realized that was a necessary requirement in posting a reply to a rather silly post.

In any case, what I've found useful is that the little belt clip attaches quite nicely to the ring on my key chain. Thus when one or the other is picked up the attached item comes along.

Also, I tend to turn my phone off at home (I realize that isn't possible for everyone). So if I get the "BT not connected" message I know I've either forgotten the phone (less common), or forgot to turn it on (about twice a week).

9. mmccking

mmccking Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Here's an annoying Bluetooth story:

I just dropped off my car for service, then moved to the side of the building to call my wife and tell her how annoying the service writer was only to suddenly loose the call and hear my wife talking through my open car window as the service technician was driving my car into the service area.

I couldn't figure out what happened, I thought I lost the call, but my phone showed that I was still connected.

Well that confusion lasted just long enough for me to quickly drop the call just as she was about to reveal our discussion and her thoughts on that service shop.

Now that's annoying!

10. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    [font=Comic Sans MS:08543307ad]:rofl: ROTFL!!! :lol: [/font:08543307ad]

11. dreichla

dreichla New Member

At least the guys in the shop didn't hear you two discussing your romantic tryst the previous evening!

Now that would have been PRICELESS!