1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Annoying multi function display behaviour

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Mobilemaduk, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Mobilemaduk

Mobilemaduk Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere (I have looked and couldn't find anything) but is there a way to stop the mfd from changing display? For example I will have it on the 1 minute graph and a back seat passenger gets in and it changes to seat belt display. Really annoying as I prefer to keep it on one screen most of the time. Similar happens when changing from EV mode to ECO mode.

Thanks

iPhone ?

2. ursle

ursle Gas miser

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    The gen2 has mfd "boards" with bad solder that cracks with age and heat, but this is different, it's losing it's mind, (it) prii;)
    Is it a new phenomena, 4 years old, time to check the 12v?

3. Mobilemaduk

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't follow. I think the behaviour is by design but I would like to change the behaviour. I don't think it is a fault

iPhone ?

4. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    What is your location? I have not heard of a seat belt screen in the US.

As for changing when ECO mode is selected this is normal that it switches to the HSI screen.

5. Mobilemaduk

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm in the uk. I like to keep on the 1 min consumption screen but it seems to like to flip to either the HSI screen or the one attached [​IMG]

Would love to override this so it stays on the screen I selected

iPhone ?

6. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    The Seat Belt screen must be unique to the UK. The HSI screen switching when ECO mode is selected is normal. I am not sure how to change this.

7. L JGilson

L JGilson New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm a novice, female, Prius owner with the same issue. My display is also telling me that my EV mode cannot be activated at this time and I don't own a plug in. So, the 12v is the battery, I'm guessing. Any suggestions for the regular hybrid driver?

8. GrumpyCabbie

GrumpyCabbie Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Can't be removed. You can have the rear seat belt warning buzzer/beeper switched off but the graphic is required as part of the cars NCAP safety rating, as is the flashing seatbelt symbol in front of the passenger seat. It does switch off after a little while or you press the button on your steering wheel.

I could be wrong here (as I don't carry rear passengers much any more), but I'm sure the graphic disappears quicker if the passengers actually use their seat belts.