1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Another 5 Star Crash Rating for the Prius

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Tempus, Jul 20, 2004.

1. Tempus

Tempus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    http://www.scoop.co.nz/mason/stories/PO0407/S00219.htm

http://www.ltsa.govt.nz/vehicle-safety/anc...prius-2004.html

The Toyota Prius i-Tech scored 13.72 out of 16 in the offset crash test. The passenger compartment held its shape well. Protection from serious leg injury was marginal for the driver. There was a slight risk of serious chest injury for the driver and passenger.

The vehicle scored 16 out of 16 in the side impact crash test. A further 2 points were scored in the optional pole test

For the Record, that's better than the Mercedes E Class in all respects.

2. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    The Toyota Prius was designed with additional cargo space because of the anticipated need as a result of the many awards that would need to be carted home.

3. woemcats

woemcats New Member

Actually, I am a bit worried about leg injuries. My knees seem awfully close to the large, low dash on the Prius. I'm never uncomfortable, but I was trying to imagine my knee hitting it at 65 mph.

4. Batavier

Batavier Member

It's less scary than it is in my current car. In my 206, my knee is only one or two centimeters away from the centre console. And when I keep my knee closer to the steering wheel, I risk hitting the ignition/car key thingy. I now understand why the Avensis has a knee airbag. :D

5. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I believe I read recently that there is a crash panel behind the steering wheel so the proximity is not necessarily equal to the probability of pain :)