1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Another A/C Problem!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by 'LectroFuel, Dec 6, 2016.

1. 'LectroFuel

'LectroFuel Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    A couple weeks ago (on Thanksgiving), my gen 2 made a sound like a blender (or a plastic bag going down a garbage disposal). The sound starts about 7 seconds after I press the power button. It's when the A/C compressor turns on. The loud whining sound. The sound doesn't happen when the A/C is off (so I've been driving my gen 4 all the time because I need A/C). Since Thanksgiving, the blender sound has gotten quieter. It now sounds like a blender every 5 seconds and turns off and does this again and again. Along with this, the A/C now blows hot air (hotter than the outside air). I have no codes showing right now. My A/C blower went out in March and I got that fixed. Is there an easy fix and what is the problem? Has anyone had this happen? I really don't want it to be the compressor.:unsure::unsure: