1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Another almost purchase today

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by gossamar, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Lottamoxie

Lottamoxie Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Thanks Craig, but that didn't answer my question about the prices shown -- i.e. it doesn't tell you how low you can go or what the best negotiated price someone got. It just shows you the the dealer's stated selling price (which as we know may not be the absolute best price one can get).

2. Paul58

Paul58 Mileage Miser

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I think what Craig was getting at is when you click on "Show Best Price" is searches dealers in your area and finds those with the best advertised price. It's my understanding that the dealers have to honor this price or chance losing their affiliation with TrueCar.com, which is a great business generator for them. Once you click "Show best Price" there should be an option to show the actual dealers who are offering those prices and generate a lead to them so they can contact you.

Everything is negotiable. I negotiated an additional $330 off the USAA price quote I received, and the USAA Price was already a few dollars less than the TrueCar.com price.

The opposite is true as well. I'm currently helping my parents purchase a new car, a dealership in St Pete, FL told me the USAA Price was for only one vehicle on their lot, a stripped base model. The price I was quoted through USAA was for a mid level trim with sunroof! The USAA Price Certificate also stated the $3600 off Invoice was available on any vehicle on the lot. They wouldn't honor that, so I walked (actually hung-up because this was being done over the phone). So, even though there supposed to be a guaranteed price, there are slim bags out there who won't honor them!

If you run across one, be sure to report them (I did), so they lose their affiliation with these sites and also lose business!