1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Another clock spring problem

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by razza, Apr 25, 2019.

1. razza

razza New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hi guys,
    I have a problem I'm hoping I can get help with.
    I have a camera on my front window, which is powered via the 12v socket.
    I got the camera cable wrapped between the gap between steering wheel and dash board when turning .
    None of the buttons work on the steering wheel so I think I have damaged something in that gap behind steering wheel.

Looking at videos on YouTube, with the steering wheel off, it seems to me like I may have damaged the black plug that connects to clock spring.
    Between the steering wheel and dash, it only looks like the thing I could have damaged is the clock spring connector.
    im hoping somebody has experienced anything alike or could guide me in the right direction.

I am happy to look into how to take the steering cap off to try and see if the spiral clock connector has broken if that's possible without taking wheel off .
    I know if so Il have to disconnect the battery in the boot.

Edit.
    Btw, it doesn't make any weird noises at all when i turn the steering wheel.

Thanyou

#1 razza, Apr 25, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
  2. razza

razza New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    It looks here like the only thing I could have touched is the black spring connector ?

What do you think please?

Attached Files:

3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    With the airbag removed, you'll probably see whatever happened easily enough.

Be sure to follow all of the precautions in how to handle (and how to set down) the airbag.

4. razza

razza New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    That would be great if I could actually diagnose the problem just by removing the airbag.

I will make sure I disarm the airbag via the 12v battery.

Thankyou for your reply..