1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

another electric car

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by MarinJohn, Jan 21, 2006.

1. dipper

dipper Senior Member

Wouldn't it be nice if these guys put it on a Toyota Yaris chassis and sell it as a comuter... :wub:

I will be all over that.

2. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    That same motor, controller and batteries are, in fact, being put in a Scion (XA and XB) if that makes you feel better. The proto should be rolling by next month, with sales to follow, we hope. This is being done by AC Propulsions.

3. SomervillePrius

SomervillePrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Wow... will that scion be street legal?

I hope they work more on range then performance though!

And yes, I'm still very interested in this car as is my fiancee (it would probably end up being hers).

4. darelldd

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    http://www.darelldd.com/ev/docs/scion_ev2.doc

They've been pretty quiet about it since the "proposal" time a few years back, but they are definitely working on it now that they've raised some capital.

The good news about electrics is that range isn't ever sacrificed for performance. Efficiency is the same if you have 50hp at your disposal or if you have 500hp. Neat, eh? These cars will be quick, but will also have extended range - quite possibly up to 200 miles in the premium version (you pay for the extra batteries).

5. dipper

dipper Senior Member

$40k for one with 200 miles range is great. The only problem is the wait until they start building one.

Can you make sure to remind us when ACP starts taking order?

6. darelldd

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Just as soon as I know my name is firmly on the list, I'll let everybody else know. :)