1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Another group buy on mouldings?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by genalex, May 19, 2005.

1. lsa55

lsa55 New Member

I assume we can get a group buy for a variety of colors? Also, what is the cost savings? If it's reasonably significant and I can get black, I'm in.

2. kk6yb

kk6yb New Member

I don't think there is a group buy in progress so I was going to order them from Metro Toyota.

But the description on their website says the mouldings are PVC and I paused. Are these hard plastic PVC like sprinkler pipe or is this some kind of soft PVC rubber like that will absorb impacts?

3. shimma

shimma New Member

I bought mouldings for my '05 Tideland Pearl from MetroToyota for $115 + freight on 8/25/05.

Took 'em to a high end collision repair shop for a $75 installation, and they blew it!

I stood right there with them with the installation directions in hand. I showed them the installation dimensions: 13" from the sill at the front, 13 3/4" from the sill in the rear.

Well, they got the driver's side right, but measured 13" both front and rear on the passenger side.

I didn't notice the difference until the next day, then flew back down there in a thinly veiled rage.

They took a heat gun, removed the misaligned mouldings, and repositioned them. If I look REALLY hard I think I can see evidence of slight rippling from the effects of removal and reattchment.

If you get these mouldings be sure to apply them to the EXACT dimensions provided. That 3/4" rake from rear to front really looks sharp. :eek:

4. jroy

jroy New Member

Can someone send a link to see these moldings? They are available for 06 models? jroy @ goremote.com

5. silly

silly Junior Member

I'm wondering when the install dimensions changed? I bought from Metro during the first group buy but haven't gotten around to installing them yet. My directions say to install 13 3/4" front and rear. The pictures included in this posting seem to be installed level, probably the 13 3/4" measurement. Do you have a picture of your car that you can post to show what the 3/4" rake looks like?

Thanks

6. shimma

shimma New Member

Hello Bill.

No, I don't yet have a good picture of my side molding installation. Been too lazy!

However, you can go to the manufacturer's website at Dawn Enterprises, Inc. Download the installation instructions, where you'll find a picture showing the front and rear positions. Hope this helps. Shimma

7. Howard

Howard New Member

I will take a set for a 2006 Toyta Prius.

The color is Super White FE11

How do I order these? Cost?

Thanks,

8. Areometer

Areometer Silver Business Sponsor

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    The old instructions teach you to measure the vertical distance using the bottom of the Prius body panel, but that will render the mouldings being non-parallel (higher in the front). Use the indented region as final reference instead. Also shown here are the Bumper Guards to protect the corners.

9. silly

silly Junior Member

Thanks for the replies. Yes, I see that measuring from the indented region is the way to go. This is why the mfg. changed their directions from 13 3/4" front rear to 13 3/4" rear and 13" front.

10. jimseeker

jimseeker New Member

:rolleyes: I'm totally in for a set - '04 green.

11. darwin100

darwin100 New Member

Has there been any decision on a group buy....if so how do we get on the list?
    thanks

12. mcmurray

mcmurray Junior Member

I just had a look at Sportwing and no listing for any Toyota moldings!
    http://www.sportwing.com/catalog/displayca...fm_subcatid=103

13. NealSpencer

NealSpencer Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

I am also interested in a group buy on body mouldings for the 2006 Prius. Please keep me posted.

Thanks,
    Nealjavascript:emoticon('B)')
    smilie

14. Howard

Howard New Member

When I purchased my 2006 Prius, I immediately went and spent $115.00 for the side moulding. I figured if I waited for a group deal, and waited to put on the side moulding, I would have gotten a dent in my door.

A group deal would save you some money.

15. acousticbiker

acousticbiker New Member

Danny, any update on this? Have you checked with MetroTPN? If this ever happens, I'd be interested in a Seaside Pearl.

16. thaight

thaight New Member

17. thejq

thejq Junior Member

I'm in for a Barcelona Red Metallic. Let me know. Thanks.

18. notsure

notsure New Member

drift wood pearl include me

19. agill

agill New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Please count me in as well for Black mouldings for my new Black '06 baby.
    Want to get the mouldings as soon as possible. My neighbours are vicious :(

20. Dripps

Dripps New Member

Bought my Barcelona Red molding from MetroTPM at full price. Oh well...at least mine is installed already (matches perfectly) and I can recommend it to all of you considering it.