1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Another "is this a good deal" question...

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by drs33, Dec 30, 2014.

1. drs33

drs33 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    We're also potentially in the market for a Prius v wagon--looking at the 2015 Prius v Two. We have a dealer willing to do one for $25,099 (which includes a transfer fee, so actual car price is right on the button with TrueCar's estimate for our area). Is this a reasonable price for Northern California based on people's recent experiences, or should we keep looking? We're not on a specific timeline as the incentives in our area don't apply to the 2015 v anyway, so happy to wait into the new year if we might do better then--but also happy to go ahead with this if it makes sense. Thanks!

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    what is the msrp?

3. Dave14Prius

Dave14Prius Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    My local dealers website has a 2014 Prius V two MSRP $ 27785 with 3k off and then 1500 incentive for $23,285. They have 5 Prius V's at various prices like that , so I'm pretty sure they are 0 miles. They add like 225 paperwork fee, then Tax,title and licence, just as a comparison for you.
    Shottenkirk Toyota | Vehicles for sale in Quincy, IL 62305

4. Yakoma

Yakoma Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I speculate that the TrueCar values haven't changed with the new prognosis of oil prices. I think that development change could have some significant ramifications for car pricing in 2015. It won't change what the dealers paid for their current inventory though. So, again I speculate, that 2015 should be a better year for Prius pricing than 2014 as dealers realize they have to deep discount to get Prii off their lots. Given how Toyota does their "just-in-time" inventory however, that window may be short.

What you have sounds like a decent deal but I think you can do better if you wait and it seems like you're willing to wait.

5. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    The new model year always starts off high. The lower end is easier to find than the upper end. Someday the price of gas will recover but it might take 6 months or a year or more.

Interest rates will be higher. Maybe some catastrophe will happen.

Chances are you will probably be able to get it a lower price later but will have to pay more if you finance.

Is the dealer charging a fee because the car is involved in a long distance dealer trade? If so, wait for local inventory.

Keep looking as long as your current car is reliable. Do some serious shopping if it starts acting up.

6. drs33

drs33 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks all! MSRP is $27,500, and yes the fee is for a transfer. I think we will wait it out since we're in no rush (and still waffling between the v and another car!) Our dealers do have the 2014s at steep discounts but we specifically want the 2015.

7. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    sounds like a good deal, all the best with your choice!(y)