1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Another lost soul converted to the Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by asj2009, Apr 12, 2024.

1. asj2009

asj2009 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Love that he went for the gen 2 [​IMG]

Why I Just Bought A Prius After Years of Only Driving Old Trucks

Hey there. I'm Caleb, The Drive's truck editor. Regular readers and our staff alike know me as the guy who prefers old pickups to just about anything. I even own a 1966 Ford dump truck! With that track record, I understand it may surprise some folks that I just bought a 2006 Toyota Prius. What might be even more surprising is that I'm totally stoked about it.

Later, he finds people who actually tow stuff using their Prius, and for some reason that seems to stoke him more (not sure why...it's not like they're towing trailers).

You'll Be Glad to Know I Found the Prius Towing People | The Drive

If you're new here, there's something you should know about me: I love trucks. I've owned old trucks, new trucks, red trucks and... actually, I've never owned a blue truck before. But I just bought a blue 2006 Toyota Prius! As my coworkers will tell you, I'm way too excited about it, and given my background, you can imagine how stoked I am to report that I've found my people amongst the Prius owners' community.

These people put their tiny, mighty hybrids to work. Whether it's towing boats, ATVs, dirt bikes, or U-Haul trailers, they're all about doing what they can with what they have. Any self-respecting pickup truck owner should be able to respect that too, don't you think?